Hair falls out: what to do?
The hair covering of the head in our technogenic and comfortable age has practically lost one of its natural uses - protection from cold, wind, rain and other factors.The role of hair is given an increasingly aesthetic purpose - to be a natural decoration of a person.Well-groomed and properly laid out hair can emphasize beauty, hide some aesthetic "defects", for example "sticking out" ears, "fix" the shape of the head.Hair styling and haircuts shade the characteristic features of personality, character, temperament, taste.Masters-stylists are able to create from the hair these works of art.
But one day we find out that our hair has thinned, lost its natural flexibility, it became dry, or vice versa it was excessively greasy, changed its color and began to drop heavily.For most people this fact is rather sad.What happened, and what to do in this case?To whom to address?Let's try to answer these questions.Table of Contents: Why Hair Drops Diagnosis and Determination of the Causes of Hair Loss How to Suspend Hair Loss Special Remedies for Hair Loss Transplantation and Implantation Methods Home Remedies for Hair Loss
Why Hair Drops
Hair loss is a completely physiological phenomenon.As the old skin cells and other tissues die, so the hair is periodically replaced with new ones.Therefore, normally a person loses several dozen old hair daily.In their place or next grow new.But, if there is excessive loss, then over time, hair begins to thin, forming "prollysiny", which merging, turn into a site that is completely hairless.Alopecia is developing - baldness.To understand what to do, if hair falls out, you need to determine the specific cause leading to this state.
Factors contributing to the process of hair loss can be:
- Violations of the physiological activity of the immune system.These include long and chronic infections, the postpartum period in women, systematic overload and other problems.Against the background of these conditions, baldness is a frequent phenomenon.
- Side effects of certain medications and treatments.The use of chemotherapy courses, the use of hormonal drugs, certain types of antibiotics, psychotropic substances can cause alopecia.
- Iron deficiency conditions that develop against the background of diseases leading to anemia( anemia), chronic blood loss, malnutrition.In this case, hair loss is accompanied by weakness, pallor, weight loss.
- Diseases of the skin of the head.Hair loss is caused by dermatitis, seborrhea.
- Pathological processes leading to a disruption in the exchange of minerals, trace elements and vitamins.
- Painful processes leading to hormonal failures.These problems can occur against the background of taking hormonal medications, age-related changes, thyroid disorders, disorders of the pituitary gland, adrenal glands.
- Disturbed microcirculation in the vessels of the scalp.This "failure" leads to excessive smoking, drinking coffee, vascular disease, leading to spasms of the capillaries, degenerative diseases of the spine, which disrupt the innervation of the skin.Unfavorable environmental conditions.
- .Staying in the mode of increased solar activity, exposure to excessively cold or hot air, strong winds, pollution of the atmosphere by industrial and household chemicals, rainwater, poisonous poisons - all these factors lead to hair loss.
- Constant and expressed stress conditions, excessive feelings, neurotic states.
- Natural aging of the body, causing a complex of changes, the consequence of which is gray hair and hair loss.
- Heredity due to genetic changes.
- Prolonged rise in body temperature, especially above 38 degrees Celsius.
- Improper hair care.It can be a rare washing of the head, the use of shampoos that do not match the type of hair, too aggressive detergents, etc.
Diagnosis and identification of causes of hair loss
To determine the fact of hair loss is quite simple, it does not require the participation of a specialist, but the definition of the cause of alopecia, and what to do with it is quite a difficult task.In this case, the consultative participation of a trichologist - a professional in hair diseases - is required.It is often necessary to consult other doctors - endocrinologist, gynecologist, oncologist.We recommend to read:
In the diagnosis of hair loss, the patient is assigned a set of studies consisting of:
- examination and questioning in order to establish the expected cause from the point of view of the patient;
- clinical, biochemical, immune and serological blood test( to determine the state of immunity), as well as the possible hidden course of some specific infections( syphilis) leading to alopecia;
- determination of the level of thyroid hormones and other glands of internal secretion( after consultation of the endocrinologist);
- samples with hair sipping;
- microscopy and spectral analysis of the hair and root stem part.In some cases, the causes of loss may be fungal skin diseases - dermatomycosis.They can be a secondary problem in the background of lupus erythematosus( SLE), some types of lichen, sarcoidosis.
After establishing the causes of alopecia, you can already decide what to do with hair loss.
How to Suspend Hair Loss
If the cause of baldness is not in a serious disease, then it is possible to stop the process.It is important to observe a number of rules scrupulously.
Here are the basic hygienic recommendations to prevent excessive hair loss:
- Use special shampoos, which include ingredients that improve the nutrition of the roots and strengthen them.For styling hair is much more useful combs with wooden and rare denticles.You can use plastic materials, but be sure to exclude metal care items.
- Disclaim or minimize chemical and thermal methods( coloring, hair dryer, curling) for the treatment of the scalp.
- Keep your hair in a natural, loose condition.Tight braids, "tails" and other ways of fastening are detrimental to the strength of the hair.
- Regularly massage the scalp.It must be done by a professional.It is also possible to learn self-massage;
- Stick to diets with lots of foods containing vitamins.Limit flour and sweet dishes, do not overdo at all.
- Remember that alcohol and cigarette smoke adversely affect trophic hair roots;
- Do not overheat, do not overdry hair and do not expose to prolonged hypothermia.
If the problem of baldness has appeared and you are already thinking about what to do, if hair falls out, be sure to adhere to the following tips:
- Wash your head not more often 2 times a week.
- Be sure to consult with a specialist about what kind of shampoo should be used for your hair type.The most recommended shampoos are those containing natural extracts from burdock, nettle, chamomile.Even better for washing and rinsing use self-cooked decoctions, infusions and juice of these plants.
- Apply shampoo in small amounts twice.The first time leave the shampoo for 40-60 seconds, and after rinsing, apply the next "portion" of the washing foam and leave it for 3-4 minutes, then rinse thoroughly with warm, running and pure water.Hot and cold water are contraindicated.
- Do not use nail combing during washing.Gently massage the scalp with your fingertips.
Special remedies for hair loss
Pharmaceutical companies are making efforts to create a universal and effective anti-alopecia remedy.Certain successes in this direction have already been achieved.At this stage, preparations are being developed that will not only prevent loss, but also contribute to the restoration of lost hair.Those who do not know what to do if hair fall out, the manufacturers offer to purchase:.
- SHEVELUX - Spray can, with unique ingredients, which have a pronounced effect of hair preservation.This tool has become very popular due to the positive results obtained;
- Minoxidil is a hormone on an ointment basis.The medicine has a curative effect on hair loss.It is sold without prescriptions, is issued in the form of ointment with two kinds of concentrations of the main active substance - 2% and 5%.The product should be rubbed into the scalp.Applies to both men and women.The effect occurs several months after the start of treatment;
- FINASTERIDA( Propecia) is a tablet form of the drug that can regulate the hormonal background of the body.In particular, suppress the activity of dehydrotestosterone, which in excess promotes hair loss.It is used to treat baldness only in men.Due to the danger of side effects, it is sold by prescription after a doctor's consultation.May lead to suppression of sexual possibilities;
- Spironolactone is a diuretic with the ability to stop hair loss in women during menopausal changes.Appointment and monitoring of his admission should only a doctor.Patients who have not reached the beginning of menopause, it is contraindicated.The effect manifests itself several weeks after the start of the treatment;
- Hormone replacement therapy( BMS), prevents baldness of women under conditions of natural deficiency of ovarian hormones.This condition develops both in the post-menopausal period and at a younger age when the functions of the ovaries are stopped as a result of diseases or surgical removal.The most commonly used tablet preparations are the Femoston group.In second place in the frequency of appointment is Angelique.The dose and duration of the appointment is determined by the doctor;
- Oral contraceptives - are recommended for the treatment of hair loss in women of reproductive age;
- Cimetidine - a blocker of histamine receptors, used in inflammatory and ulcerative gastrointestinal processes, can also be used for hair loss.
Important: the above described remedies will be effective only if the patient's condition is adequately assessed and the specific cause of alopecia is identified.That's why to look for the answer to the question - what to do if hair falls out, you need to search only for specialists.
Transplantation and implantation methods
Along with the traditional methods of combating hair loss, in recent years, surgical hair transplantation has become very popular.Several variants of surgical interventions have been developed.
It can be:
- autotransplantation , with her various methods of transplanting her own hair with various methods.There are 2 main groups of transplants - , a scrappy skin with hair, and a seamless method in which a healthy hair with a follicle is removed by microsurgical action and transplanted to the necessary zone;
- implantation of .This method is based on implanting in the skin of artificial materials that mimic natural hair.
Each of the described operation techniques has its advantages and disadvantages.All of them are quite expensive.The choice of the method of transplantation in hair loss requires mutual agreement of both the patient and the doctor.Care for transplanted and implanted hair is special.It should be meticulous to implement all the recommendations of specialists.
Home remedies for hair loss
If you have only the first stage of baldness, you do not want to "poison" yourself with unnecessary pharmacological agents( in fact, chemical drugs), and to make transplant - there are no objective reasons or financial possibilities - refer to recipesTraditional medicine.The most effective preparations of folk medicine, containing onions, mustard, burdock and ayr roots, burdock oil, nettle.
If your hair falls out, start making masks using the following recipes:
- white onion( 200 g) finely grate and dilute in 200 ml of cognac.Drug the mixture thoroughly with a spoon, keep it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.Then, rub the skin with the prepared medicine for a night on bald patches.Repeat the procedure until the growth of primary hair.Then they must be shaved, the procedure should continue until new hair appears;
- Castor oil mixed with mustard powder in 2: 1 proportions.The resulting composition should be carefully applied to the skin and washed off after a burning sensation.The procedure is recommended twice a week.After it, you need to wash your head twice with warm water and shampoo;
- decoction of burdock roots daily rub into the skin for a long time.Gradually, the hair will begin to grow.
Doing all of these activities will have an effect in any case.Patience requires perseverance and patience.
Alexander Lotin, medical reviewer