Methods for effective hydration of scalp and hair
Skin peeling, dandruff, itching, a feeling of tightness, brittle hair with pointed tips are all signs of an abnormal operation of the sebaceous glands, when cells are unable to keep enough moisture inside them.Ignoring such phenomena can lead to the development of quite serious diseases - for example, to seborrhea( it will occur in severe form), alopecia( alopecia), hyperkeratosis.
Excessively dry scalp requires a more attentive attitude, which implies regular specific care for it and a certain treatment.Table of Contents: Causes of Excessive Dryness of the Skin of the Head Symptoms of Excessive Dryness of the Skin of the Head Dry Skin Care Principles General Principles of Treatment for Excessive Dryness of the Head
Causes of Excessive Dryness of the Skin of the Head
There are only two reasons that lead to dryness of the scalp: cellsDo not get enough moisture, the sebaceous glands produce too little fat. But the predisposing factors leading to such violations are sufficient:
- use of excessively hot water when washing the head;
- disorders of metabolic processes in the body;
- constant use of hairdryers, "ironing", curling iron when laying hair;
- improper drinking habits;
- general dehydration of the body;
- vitamin deficiency;
- internal diseases provoking general dysfunctionality of organs and systems;
- improper nutrition - an imbalance between the intake of carbohydrates, fats and proteins;
- smoking and alcoholism;
- increased body temperature in a prolonged mode;
- period of breastfeeding( lactation).
To find out exactly the cause that led to increased dryness of the scalp, it is necessary to objectively assess your own lifestyle.In some cases, when the condition in question is still in its unopened form, it is possible to restore the health of the scalp only by correcting certain moments of life.It will be necessary to learn how to differentiate the usual dryness of hair and dandruff from the problem in question - only in this way can an effective treatment be selected.
Symptoms of excessive dryness of the scalp
As a rule, dry scalp can be identified by symptoms - it is characteristic for this condition and is characterized by a complex manifestation.Moreover, doctors say that the presence of only 1-2 signs from the list of symptoms of dryness of the scalp does not mean at all that it is this problem that has a place to be.But if from the list of symptoms listed below there are 3-4 points, then we can safely say that dryness of the scalp is really present and a complex of treatment is required.
So, for the dry scalp, the following symptoms will be present:
- skin irritation;
- intense itching( it is present constantly, regardless of whether the person used any styling / cosmetic means( exclude allergies));
- hair becomes brittle, dry and cracked;
- is constantly present a feeling of tightness of the skin.
Note: the main feature of this condition is a simple test: you need to attach a cosmetic napkin to the roots of the scalp.If there are no fatty traces on it, and only dandruff is present, then this confirms the presence of the problem of dry scalp.
If most of the above characteristics are present, then urgent measures should be taken to correct the problem.Otherwise, the hair will begin to fall out intensively, and the scalp will cover with shorts, which will lead to serious illnesses.And, you need to deal not only with treatment, but also conduct a full-fledged, regular care for the scalp.
Rules for the care of dry scalp
Many people think that scalp care is regular combing of hair and the use of some specific cosmetic products. In fact, the care rules are a set of measures:
- Normalization of power.It is necessary to balance and diversify the daily diet - for example, it is necessary to include in the menu olives, berries of sea-buckthorn, avocado, fish of fatty varieties and sesame.
- Normalization of drinking regime.A day should use at least one and a half liters of plain water.This amount does not include tea, coffee, compotes, first courses, it is a question of the use of pure water.
- Refuse thermal tools.To lay hair some period it is not necessary, as the scalp should rest from the aggressive influence of heating tools( hair dryer, tongs, ironing).
- Wash your hair correctly.Excessively dry scalp requires careful treatment, so it should be washed only with warm water - not hot and not cold!
- Discard cosmetics.Purchased shampoos and balsam-rinsers should not be used, it is better to give preference to natural products.For example, you can wash your hair with a dry scalp with your usual egg, and rinse it with a herbal decoction.
- Make moisturizing masks.And, they need to be done regularly, without "holidays and weekends", because only a long and in a clear schedule the use of moisturizing masks for hair and scalp will give the expected result.
- Undergo a medical examination.This is done to identify internal diseases that lead to dysfunction of the sebaceous glands on the scalp.After the examination and detection of pathologies, a course of treatment will be required.
- Get rid of bad habits.No matter how trite it may sound, smoking and alcoholism have an extremely negative effect on the condition of the hair and scalp.Therefore, if the problem of excessive dryness of the scalp already takes place, it is necessary to abandon bad habits.By the way, it will also be necessary to exclude sweet carbonated drinks from the diet.
- Create the desired humidity in the room.Dry air only provokes a deterioration of the scalp, so you need to constantly monitor the level of humidity.You can dispense with regular airing and a vessel with water( it is installed on the battery), but it is more expedient to purchase an air humidifier.
- Often combing your hair.This will be a kind of scalp massage that will ensure blood flow and improve the functioning of the sebaceous glands.Specialists recommend using essential oils for combing - this will enhance the effectiveness of the procedure.
Most often, eliminating the causes of dryness of the scalp and the treatment overlap, which gives excellent results.If the problem in question is in a neglected state, then you need to contact a trichologist, who will prescribe professional treatment, or begin using herbal medicines, vegetable oils and folk recipes to restore health to the scalp.
General principles for the treatment of increased dryness of the head
An appeal to the trichologist is always accompanied by a complete examination, then the treatment is selected individually.As a rule, the treatment of the disease under consideration consists of laser therapy, the use of ozone and mesotherapy - procedures that are aimed at intensive and rapid moistening.But even trichologist doctors emphasize that some folk remedies have an excellent effect - they relieve the obsessive itching and peeling of the epidermis.
The most popular masks from the category "traditional medicine" in the treatment of excessive dryness of the scalp are moisturizing - they not only normalize the functionality of the sebaceous glands, but also make the hair shiny, strong, "alive", thick and bulky.
Mask from the onion
It is necessary to take the head of onions of medium size and grind them in a puree in any way - to pass through a meat grinder( mechanical or electrical), use a blender or grate it on a grater.
Please note: essential oils act irritatingly on the eye mucosa.To avoid this, it is sufficient to hold the onion head in a refrigerator for 30-40 minutes before preparing the mashed potatoes.
Cooked puree spread on a clean gauze, folded in several layers, we make a kind of pouch.Then this bag should be rubbed on the scalp, and it is exactly rubbing the secretion mass out of the gauze until the whole surface of the head is processed.Next, you need to cover the head with cellophane / polyethylene and wrap it with a towel - in this position it is necessary to stay 60 minutes.
The last step is to wash the onions off the scalp, clean the hair with shampoo and rinse them with water with the addition of a few drops of any essential oil.The last moment is very important, because it is the essential oils that do not allow to "smell" with the aromas of onions.
Weight of yolk of eggs
Egg yolk is an excellent natural / natural moisturizer, therefore it is recommended to be used in the treatment of even very dry scalp.To prepare a mask based on egg yolk, you must mix together 50 ml of warm mineral water( suitable filtered ordinary), 20 ml of vodka( or diluted alcohol) and 1 raw yolk.All components of this folk remedy are thoroughly mixed, then beaten with a mixer( 1 minute for this process is enough) and applied to the scalp.And, not just applied, but carefully rubbed.Then everything is according to the classical scheme: we cover the head with cellophane / polyethylene, wrap it with a towel and maintain the mask on the head for 30 minutes.
Next you will need to wash your head thoroughly with warm water and shampoo and rinse it with herbal decoction.
If you use cosmetic oils regularly and correctly, you can quickly get rid of excessive dryness of the scalp and restore the beauty of the hair, because it is the oils that are the best moisturizers.
The oil mask is simply made: unrefined vegetable oil is heated in a water bath and rubbed into the roots of the hair.The duration of "wearing" such a mask is 60 minutes, you do not need to cover / warm your head.Then the shampoo is applied to dry hair and is driven into the strong foam together with the oil.The resulting foam should be spread over the entire length of the hair and lightly massage them and scalp.Only after this, you can wash off the mask with shampoo, rinse your head with a decoction of medicinal plants.
Please note: can use olive, coconut oil, grape seed, burdock, jojoba and castor oil to use the moisturizing mask in question.
Mask made of oil and honey
This product has a complex effect on the hair and scalp: oil - perfectly moisturizes, and honey acts as a therapeutic component.Oil-honey mask allows you to quickly get rid of the obsessive itching against the background of excessively dry scalp, dandruff and brittle hair.
To prepare this mask, it is necessary to mix unrefined olive oil in an amount of 50 ml and liquid honey in an amount of 25 ml.Do not forget to pre-heat the ingredients in the water bath before preparing the preparation.The duration of the oil-honey mask on the head is 20 minutes, then it is washed off in the same way as described in the previous recipe.
Treatment of excessive dryness of the scalp is always long, you need to be patient and do not expect instant results.If the process is not started, the use of moisturizing masks and the implementation of recommendations of specialists in correcting the diet will give positive results after 3 months from the start of treatment.If the process is started, the duration of therapy will be much longer.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category