What should I take at high pressure?
Currently, more and more people complain of high blood pressure.Arterial hypertension is increasingly detected in young people.Hypertension is one of the leading causes of such formidable complications as hemorrhagic strokes, that is, hemorrhages to the brain.Elevated blood pressure is a common sign of atherosclerotic blood vessel damage, which in turn is a serious risk factor for myocardial infarction.
Hypertension can develop gradually.Sometimes a person does not even notice a deterioration in overall well-being, as the body is able to gradually adapt to new blood pressure values.The timely detection of deviations from normal indicators allows regular monitoring of pressure with a conventional or electronic tonometer.If there is a tendency to hypertension, it is important to take antihypertensive drugs on time.It is much easier to prevent hypertensive crisis, heart attack or stroke, than to treat the consequences of these complications.Contents: When is pressure considered to be elevated?Signs of increased pressure What drugs will help with high blood pressure?
When is pressure considered to be elevated?
Measurement must be carried out at rest.A short-term increase may well be the norm, especially after physical or mental stress.If you were doing physical work, you need to rest 10-15 minutes before taking a tonometer.When there were emotional experiences - try to calm down at first.Otherwise, you will get garbled data that does not reflect the real state of the body.
It is customary to speak about increased pressure if the figures exceed the figures 130/90 mm.Gt;However, it should be borne in mind that the norms of blood pressure depend on the age and sex, and also on the physique( in particular, in asthenics, the pressure is usually lower).Both numbers have a diagnostic value.And upper( systolic) and lower( diastolic) pressure.
norm( average clinical scores) by age and sex:
Age( in years)
30 - 40
40 - 50
50 - 60
70 and more
Symptoms of pressure increase
The fact that blood pressure has increased, you can guess without the help of a tonometer.
Sufficiently characteristic clinical signs of high blood pressure are:
- sensation of pulsation in the temples;
- "flies" before the eyes;
- headaches of different frequency, intensity and localization;
- tachycardia( rapid pulse);
- increased fatigue;
- general malaise;
- decreased ability to concentrate.
If you have at least one of the symptoms - measure the pressure, and try to do it in the future at least twice a day - in the morning and evening hours.
What drugs will help with high blood pressure?
There is no universal medicine for hypertension.For each person the drug should be picked up by the attending physician individually, taking into account the characteristics of the body, age, and most importantly - the causes that triggered hypertension.
Important: does not need to be engaged in self-medication, focusing on advice from acquaintances or TV commercials.A pharmacological preparation that perfectly helps one patient, may well be completely ineffective for another. Uncontrolled use of medications, as well as refusal to take prescribed tablets, often leads to the most unfortunate consequences!
When appointing a specific drug and determining the regimen and duration of the course, doctors consider how high the risk of developing a stroke or heart attack.When it is large, regular reception of high enough doses is usually indicated to stabilize the patient's condition.As the improvement improves, the patient is transferred to less high( maintenance) doses.Course therapy, as a rule, is quite long.With hypertension, some people have to take high-pressure pills for life.
List of common high-pressure drugs:
- Nitrogicolin( Nitrocore);
See full list »
Please note : above is a list of the most popular medicines( LS) that can be prescribed by doctors.When choosing a specific drug, one should take into account the possible cause, which caused the pressure increase, the patient's state of health and the existing illnesses in the anamnesis.
Most drugs do not cause drug addiction, and even more - addiction.They do not exert a depressing effect on the nervous system, and do not affect the metabolism of carbohydrates.Medicines for hypertension improve the functional activity of the myocardium and blood vessels.They can refer to different clinical and pharmacological groups.
Angiotensin-converting enzyme( ACE) inhibitors
Drugs belonging to this clinical pharmacological group are most effective in hypertension;They are well tolerated by the vast majority of patients, and do not have a negative effect on the metabolism of carbohydrates.ACE inhibitors are contraindicated in individuals with diagnosed stenosis of the renal arteries and are not assigned to pregnant women.
Inhibitor preparations ACE:
Agents from the α-adrenoblocker group are prescribed not only at elevated blood pressure, but also with prostatic hypertrophy.They can adversely affect the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates.
Among the α-blockers are:
Drugs related to β-blockers are indicated for arterial hypertension, myocardial infarction, tachyarrhythmia and angina pectoris.The negative consequences of taking these drugs include metabolic disorders of lipids and carbohydrates, and the likelihood of developing bronchospasm.
Diuretics have diuretic properties.Their undoubted merits include good tolerability of the majority of patients, beneficial effects on the heart and blood vessels, a fairly rapid onset of therapeutic effect and, importantly, low cost.
With prolonged admission, the level of potassium may decrease.It is also possible to develop dyslipidemia.One of the side effects of diuretics is a decrease in potency.
The most common and effective diuretic drugs:
To prevent stroke in elderly patients, calcium channel blockers are often prescribed.They are effective in pathological changes in peripheral blood vessels.These funds are contraindications for atrioventricular( atrioventricular) blockade and infarction.
The most common drugs from the calcium antagonist group:
Pharmacological agents shown at high diastolic pressure
The reason for the increase in "lower" or "cardiac" pressure is the constriction or spasm of the vessels with fluid retention in the body.Figures directly depend on the condition of the walls of blood vessels, ie, the degree of their resistance.
Diastolic pressure increases against the background of abnormalities in the work of the heart, as well as with pathologies of the adrenal glands and other endocrine glands.High low pressure, which persists for a long time, negatively affects the state of the myocardium.
Increased lower pressure is the basis for prescribing drugs that help remove excess fluid.
Note: shows some patients calcium antagonists and beta-blockers( verapamil, atenolol, metoprolol, etc.).
Folk remedies that have proven their effectiveness
There are many traditional medicine products that can help you with high pressure.To cope with arterial hypertension help, in particular, home phytopreparations based on birch buds, cranberry berries and licorice root.
Folk remedies are not a substitute for traditional treatment, but can only be used as an additional measure to combat high blood pressure.Before starting phytopreparations, be sure to consult your doctor!
- Take 2 cups of ripe cranberries and 100 grams of sugar.Ingredients should be rubbed, put on a slow fire and bring to a boil.The drug is recommended to take half a cup three times a day before meals.
- Take 4 tablespoons of ground psyllium leaves, pour 200 ml of vodka or medical alcohol( 70%), and insist in a dark place for 2 weeks, shaking periodically.The received tincture should be filtered and taken on 30 drops three times a day before meals.
- Take 1 glass of natural honey and mix it with the juice of 1 lemon, and add to the mix of 200 ml of carrot and beet juice.Take 3 times a day after eating 1 tablespoon.This tool is recommended to store in the refrigerator.
- Pour 2 tbsp.L.Ripe berries of black currant with a glass of boiling water, put on a plate and boil for 10 minutes.Give the broth a half hour and strain.It is recommended to drink a quarter of a glass 4 times a day before meals.
- Take the 4 tbsp.L.Berries of viburnum and pound them into gruel.Mix it with a spoonful of honey, heat it on low heat, and let it brew for 1.5-2 hours.Take 4 times a day for 1 tbsp.L.
- Take 2 parts of the dried grass of the forest purifier, the meadow geranium and the inflorescence of Sophora Japanese.Add 1 part of the trench of the clover.1 tsp.Mixture, pour 200 ml of boiling water and leave for 15 minutes.Infusion drink hot for 1 glass before going to bed.
- Take 5 tbsp.L.Flowers of a golden mustache and pour 0.5 liters of vodka.Insist for 2 weeks in a dark place, shaking regularly.Prootsedite and take 1 dessert spoon in the morning on an empty stomach.
- 1 tbsp.L.Seeds of dill fill with a glass of boiling water, insist 1 hour and strain.Infusion is taken three times a day for 50 ml.
- Mix 100 g of honey with lemon, grated with zest, and chopped garlic( 5 medium denticles).The mixture should be infused for 5-7 days in a warm place.Take 3 times a day for 1 tsp.Store in a refrigerator in a tightly closed container.
- Take 1 tbsp each.L.Birch buds, dried strawberry berries, chamomile flowers, herbs of immortelle and St. John's wort.2 tbsp.L.Collect 0.5 liters of boiling water, persist for 1 hour and strain.Drink ready-to-use remedy for 1 glass a day on an empty stomach.
At high arterial pressure, healers recommend taking in the morning before breakfast a mixture of 200 ml of mineral water, juice of half a lemon and a tablespoon of natural honey.Treatment should be continued for a week.
Stabilize the pressure of hypertensive juice from red berries.He is drunk half a cup on an empty stomach.
Specialists in the field of traditional medicine recommend using high pressure to apply rubbing decoction of mint leaves.
Cagor's sweet table wine is also a good remedy.It is taken three times a day for 2 tablespoons.The drug is contraindicated in liver diseases and chronic alcoholism.
A good remedy for high pressure is a mixture of ordinary curdled milk with honey and 2 tsp.Cinnamon powder.This mixture is taken in courses of 2 weeks( twice a day before meals, 100 ml).From high blood pressure, kefir mixed with cinnamon( 1 tsp of powder per glass of fermented milk product) also helps.
Helps in hypertension a vitamin mixture of beet juice with honey( they are taken in equal parts).It is advisable to add to it the juice of lemon, horse-radish and carrots.Take a drink of 200 ml twice a day.
Reduces the pressure of green tea with the addition of 25-30 drops of the pharmaceutical tincture of calendula.
Dried and chopped watermelon seeds help with hypertension.They are taken for ½ tsp.in a day.Recommended to read: