Angina pectoris: symptoms and treatment
Intensive pain, localized in the chest( at the site of anatomical location of the heart) and arisen because of blockage or sharp narrowing of the vessels, is classified as angina in medicine.This disease is quite common, therefore, each person needs to know its symptoms - this will help in an emergency to differentiate an attack of angina from other heart diseases.Table of contents: Angina pectoris: the causes of the onset of angina Symptoms of angina Classification of angina pectoris How to treat angina pectoris
Angina pectoris: causes of pain
There is no definite reason for the appearance of angina pectoris by doctors, but doctors identify some factors that mayLead to an attack of the disease in question. These include:
- regular use of spicy and / or fatty foods;
- hypothermia that has happened more than once;
- prolonged exposure to the body of direct sunlight - overheating;
- Stress and regular irritation, neuroses;
- excessive physical activity.
Generally it is considered that the pain in the heart, classified as angina, occurs due to lack of oxygen.
Symptoms of angina
The attack of angina is accompanied by characteristic pains - first there is discomfort in the chest or behind the breastbone, then it develops into a permanent pain.It can irradiate into the left shoulder or the left arm, in some cases - into the neck, lower jaw, or "pour" throughout the chest.
The attack of angina is always accompanied by anxiety and fear, but if the patient takes a recumbent position, the pain will only increase. It is noteworthy that it is for angina that there are features of the pain syndrome:
- the pain is not paroxysmal, but permanent and has a aching character;
- if the patient is taking nitroglycerin, the attack quickly ends;
- the onset of pain is usually always associated with intense physical exertion;
- duration of an attack of angina pectoris is a maximum of 20 minutes.
Note: angina attack should be accurately and quickly diagnosed.The fact is that similar symptoms may indicate more serious pathologies of the heart.
The most important thing is to differentiate between angina and myocardial infarction, therefore, you need to remember the main differences between these two pathological conditions:
- for angina pectoris pain occurs after 15-20 minutes, and with a heart attack, pain relief is not obtained even after using specific medicationsPreparations;
- if the patient develops a myocardial infarction, he will be disturbed by nausea and vomiting, with stenocardia these symptoms do not appear ever.
Angina, accompanied by frequent repetition and prolonged pain attacks, is a warning signal - doctors know many cases when the disease in question develops into a myocardial infarction.
Classification of angina
Doctors distinguish several types of the considered disease:
- first noted;
- stable - lasts a long time, is characterized by regular attacks, but there are no changes in the clinical picture;
- unstable - angina progresses, seizures are repeated more and more often, which can lead to the development of myocardial infarction.
Only one type of angina pectoris develops into another.For example, after the first attack, the disease under consideration manifests regular pain, it becomes stable.Then the pain can become more intense, seizures happen more often - this disease becomes unstable.If angina is diagnosed in a person of advanced age, then after another attack there may be changes in the electrocardiogram.
Note: in case of regular attacks of angina occurring in the classical regime, doctors talk about the development of coronary heart disease.
How to treat angina
To cure the disease in question, you will have to be patient - it is necessary to stabilize the work of the whole organism.Doctors say that only an integrated approach to solving the problem will yield positive results.
Doctors prescribe to patients with diagnosed angina drugs that have a vasodilating effect - it is necessary to get rid of the narrowing of the blood vessels, quickly provide oxygen to the heart.These properties are nitroglycerin - after its use, relief comes in a few minutes.In some cases, other drugs may be prescribed - for example, calcium channel blockers, which refer to vasodilators of the second group.
Diet in angina
With stable angina, the patient's diet needs to be adjusted. Specialists recommend the following rules:
- avoid overeating - this can lead to problems with the vessels;
- regularly monitor the level of cholesterol in the blood and refuse to eat chicken eggs, white sauces;
- is more likely to introduce in the menu fish of fatty varieties - the useful substances contained in it, make the heart vessels more elastic;
- fresh onions and garlic must be present in the patient's diet - they help stabilize blood pressure readings;
- in the menu should be fresh vegetables and fruits;
- useful beef liver and broth of wild rose;
- you need to completely abandon coffee, strong black tea and alcoholic beverages.
Food intake should be carried out often( at least 5 times a day), but in small portions.By the way, such a diet will help balance the metabolism, which will lead to weight loss in the patient - obesity is considered one of the reasons for the development of angina pectoris.
Treatment of angina with folk remedies
In the category of traditional medicine, there are many recipes for the preparation of medications that help reduce the number and intensity of angina pectoris.And they can be used, but only after consultation with the attending physician.
Please note: can not independently diagnose angina pectoris, nor can it be possible to determine the specific type of developing disease.Therefore, only after examinations and consultations with a doctor can you take funds from angina pectoris cooked according to folk recipes.
If permission from the doctor for the use of some folk remedies is obtained, then the following recipes can be used:
- Decoction from the collection of herbs.It is necessary to take in equal parts the hips, hawthorn berries and valerian root.Mix the mixture and take only 7 tablespoons of herbs to prepare the preparation.This amount is poured into 7 cups of steep boiling water and insists in a closed dish for 24 hours.A remedy is taken for ½ cup three times a day before meals in a warm form.
- Peppermint tea.This tea will help not only get rid of angina, but also normalize blood pressure, restore the heart rate, get rid of bouts of irritability and anxiety.Preparing tea from mint according to the classic recipe - 1 teaspoon of raw material is poured 200 ml of steep boiling water and insisted for 15 minutes.
Please note: peppermint tea can not be consumed too often - only 200 ml of beverage per day is allowed.
- Decoction of hawthorn berries.It can also be used instead of regular tea - it is tasty and useful.Prepare tea very easily - a tablespoon of hawthorn berries for 400 ml of steep boiling water, infused for 20-30 minutes.The received quantity of broth within a day in small portions is accepted.Angina pectoris is a rather unpleasant disease, but not dangerous.This statement is true only if the patient with symptoms of angina has turned to the medical staff for help.In this case, it will be possible to carry out secondary prevention of the disease in question - to avoid physical exertion, to eat strictly in accordance with the prescribed diet, to use folk remedies.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category