Prostate adenoma: symptoms, causes, treatment
A benign prostatic tumor( prostate) in medicine is classified as an adenoma.The disease is more often diagnosed in older men - 40-50 years.Pay attention: it is wrong to consider adenoma as a harbinger of cancer - cells of this kind of tumor never transform into malignant ones.And yet, men need to know the symptoms of developing prostate adenoma in order to be able to turn to doctors in time and undergo a full treatment.Table of contents Causes of development Symptoms of prostatic adenoma Diagnostic methods Methods for treating prostatic adenoma
Causes of development of
The only cause of proliferation of prostate tissue is hormonal changes in the body.That is why the disease in question is more often diagnosed in 40-50 years - in men in this period there is a decrease in the amount of male hormone produced and a simultaneous increase in the number of female hormones.
Symptoms of prostatic adenoma
Symptoms of adenoma are similar to those of any abnormalities in the prostate gland :
- frequent urination;
- night urination in the toilet - sleep becomes restless and intermittent;
- the jet of emerging urine becomes weak and thin;
- , when urge to urinate a man, it is necessary to implement this process almost in seconds;
- sensation of fullness of the bladder does not disappear after a visit to the toilet;
- with urination appears the need to push;
- If the bladder is too full, urinary incontinence may occur.
The listed disorders do not appear immediately, prostate adenoma develops in its development in three stages. As the condition worsens, the intensity of symptoms of will increase: Stage 1 - a man can only notice more urination to urinate at night and a slight lethargy of the jet.The duration of this stage is strictly individual and ranges from 1 to 10 years.2 stage - urination clearly becomes more frequent, the jet becomes very thin, the man has to push to empty the bladder.Since emptying the bladder is not fully implemented, the residual fluid provokes the development of inflammatory processes on the mucosa - there is burning sensation when urinating, pain syndrome.Stage 3 - urine and day and night stand out spontaneously.This happens periodically, in some cases - all the time, which causes the patient to constantly walk with the urinal.
Diagnostic methodsRecommended to read:
The listed symptoms of the disease in question may indicate other pathologies of the prostate gland, so to clarify the diagnosis the doctor will certainly conduct a full examination of the patient. The list of diagnostic measures for the suspected adenoma includes :
- urological examination - examination and digital examination of the prostate rectally;
- ultrasound examination of the prostate, including transrectal( through the rectum);
- studies of urodynamic type - allow to reveal the degree of disturbance and character of changes in urination by the method of measuring the flow of urine.
The procedure for determining the level of prostate-specific antigen in the blood is mandatory.This makes it possible to identify prostate cancer at an early stage.
Methods for treatment of prostate adenoma
Depending on the stage of the patient's illness, the place of treatment - inpatient or outpatient settings - will be determined.At an early stage, drug therapy is used, but surgical intervention is advisable in the late and severe stages of the development of the disease in question.
The purpose of prescribing drugs in detecting prostate adenoma is to slow the progression of the growing tissues of the organ, reduce the available volume and reduce the severity of urinary disorders. Doctors use the following tools for therapy:
- affecting the hormonal background - this is necessary to reduce the proliferation of prostate tissue;
- affecting the tone of the prostate and urethra - this gives the patient relief of the process of urination;
- of vegetable origin.
Important: should never be chosen by the appearance of prostatic adenoma symptoms on its own - it can be done only by a specialist who, when selecting drugs, will take into account both the general health status of the man and the stage of development of the examinedDiseases, and associated pathologies.
Operation to remove prostatic adenoma
By surgery, prostatic adenoma is treated only in late / severe stages of pathology. There are two basic methods for the operation of :
- Transurethral resection of the prostate.Through the urethra, a special medical instrument is inserted - a resectoscope.With it, prostate tissue is removed.This type of intervention refers to the endoscopic, which causes a minimal risk of complications during the operation and in the postoperative period.It takes a little time to recover after such treatment.
- Prostatectomy.Removal of the prostate by operative intervention in an "open" way.This method of treatment is characterized by a high risk of developing all sorts of complications and a long period of rehabilitation.
Non-surgical treatment of prostatic adenoma in men
This method of treatment of the disease under consideration( minimally invasive) is safer compared to surgical intervention, but also less effective. They are rarely used, but they exist :
- Thermal method - the size of the prostate gland is reduced by exposure to high temperatures.To heat the tissues of the body, radio-frequency and microwave radiation are used, more rarely - ultrasound.The most common method is transurethral microwave thermotherapy.
- Cryodestruction - abnormal tissue cells are destroyed by exposure to extremely cold temperatures.
- Laser technique - laser radiation affects water in the tissues of the prostate, heats it.There is evaporation of water - this process is called vaporization.Simultaneously with the vaporization, there is a folding( coagulation) of the organ tissue.
- Balloon dilatation of the urethra - a catheter with an inflating balloon at the end is inserted into the urethra by means of which the urethral lumen expands.
- Stenting the prostatic urethra - a stent( a cage in the form of a cylinder) is inserted into the urethra, which facilitates the patient's urination process.
Treatment of prostatic adenoma with folk remedies
It is impossible to cure the disease in question, using only therapies from traditional medicine.But some of the drugs in this category can help to cope faster with prostate adenoma and significantly alleviate the condition of the patient. Recommended tools :
- Infusion of celandine.You need to take 1 tablespoon dried herb celandine and pour a glass of boiling water, insist for 2 hours.Take infusion should be 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals, before straining.Duration of admission - at least 3 months.
- Decoction of the herbal collection.Mix 10 g of hazelnut( hazelnut), 10 g of hawthorn, 8 g of dried herb of golden rod, 15 g of dried medicinal sparrow, 20 g of dried rhizomes of stalk, 10 g of dried herb shandra.It is necessary to take 1 tablespoon of the mixture and pour 500 ml of steep boiling water, on medium heat it needs to be held for 10 minutes.The ready-made broth is infused for 30 minutes and filtered.The entire amount of the drug should be drunk during the day for 4 divided doses.The duration of the course is 25 days.
- Chocolate-lemon cocktail.It is necessary to squeeze out juice from 12 lemons and mix it with 200 g of garlic in a crushed form.The resulting mixture must be insisted 24 days in a dark and cool place.A medicine is taken for 1 teaspoon at night according to the scheme: 3 weeks of daily use, then a break for 7 days and again 3 weeks of intake.
- Microclysters.You can use fir water for microclysters: it needs to be heated to 40 degrees and inserted into the rectum, having cleansed the intestines from the stools beforehand.Such procedures should be done daily for at least 45 consecutive days.Simultaneously with microclysters from fir water it is necessary to rub fir oil on the perineal region.
Caution: , the fir oil can not be applied to the anus and scrotum.
Possible complications of development of prostatic adenoma
The following complications can develop with progression of the examined disease:
Acute urinary retention
A man is unable to urinate, although he experiences not only pronounced urge to toilet, but also severe pain in the suprapubic region. To provoke such a state with a previously diagnosed prostatic adenoma, :
- consumption of a large number of alcoholic beverages;
- strict bed rest for medical reasons.
Only a physician can help with acute urinary retention - it's useless and dangerous to do something by yourself.The specialist will provide urine diversion with a catheter and prescribe the necessary medications.
Inflammatory processes in the urinary tract
Because of the stagnation of urine in the urinary bladder and urinary tract, may develop:
- Cystitis - inflammation of the bladder mucosa;
- pyelonephritis - inflammation of the kidney tissue;
- urethritis - inflammation of the urethral mucosa.
If these complications are ignored, hydronephrosis, renal insufficiency and urolithiasis may develop.Adenoma of the prostate gland is a disease that can be easily treated in the early stages of development.Therefore, doctors insist - when the first signs of urination disorders appear, one should seek professional help, and do not trust the advice / tips of friends, colleagues and grandmothers-healers.You will receive more information about prostate adenoma( symptoms, diagnostic methods, medical and surgical treatment) by viewing this video review:
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category