Oligospermia - the causes, treatment, consequences and likelihood of conception
Reducing the volume of sperm released per ejaculation with a reduction in sperm count by 1 mg is called oligospermia. The norm is the allocation of 2-5 mg of seminal fluid per ejaculation.Over the past 10 years, the number of men suffering from this deviation has grown dramatically.Table of contents: Symptoms and degrees of oligospermia Causes of oligospermia Diagnosis of pathology What complications can be treated Methods of treating oligospermia Treatment of oligospermia with medicines Healthy lifestyle and diet as one of the treatment methods Treatment of oligospermia with folk remedies Can I conceive with oligospermia
Symptoms and degrees of oligospermia
Oligospermia occurs without symptoms.A man may not suspect a disease until he passes a medical examination, which includes an analysis of the spermogram. Oligospermia does not affect the quality of intimate life in any way.
The only symptom is the absence of pregnancy with a regular sexual life without contraception for a year.
Oligospermia has several stages of development:
- 1st degree - 1 ml of sperm account for 15 million active spermatozoa;
- 2nd degree - the number of active spermatozoa is 30 million per 1 ml of sperm;
- 3rd degree - 1 mg of sperm accounts for 5 million active spermatozoa;
- 4th degree - the number of active spermatozoa is 1-2 million per 1 ml of sperm.
Causes of oligospermia
Many factors affect the quantity and quality of sperm, ranging from bad habits and ending with inflammation of the genitourinary system and the prostate.
About The main causes of oligospermia can be the following:
- beriberi and malnutrition;
- occlusion and disruption of the vas deferens;
- obesity on the background of hormonal failure;
- overexertion, lack of sleep and stress;
- disruption of the endocrine system;
- overheating or overcooling, frequent colds;
- inflammation in the appendages, testicles( vesiculitis);
- kidney failure;
- infectious diseases of genital organs, including venereal;
- wearing tight fitting clothes;
- irregular sexual life.
Important! In some cases, oligospermia can be a congenital pathology.
Diagnosis of pathology
To confirm the diagnosis, the following tests are performed:
- assays for infections;
- Ultrasound of the genitourinary system and pelvic organs;
- tests for the state of hormones;
- genetic examination.
Attention! At least five days prior to the test, you must exclude an intimate life, do not drink alcohol and do not go to the sauna.
What complications can be
Self-treatment of pathology is unacceptable.Each patient may have different causes of oligospermia, which means that a full examination should be carried out so that the doctor can prescribe the right treatment.
Against the background of oligospermia, teratospermia can develop.Fertilization occurs mutated spermatozoa.This leads to deviations in the formation of cells, which causes the death of the fetus in the womb.
Methods of treatment of oligospermia
Treatment is prescribed depending on the cause of the disease, which is established during the survey.
Treatment may include such therapies:
- hormone therapy;
- is a medicament;
- physiotherapy.Used in the middle stage of the disease.Treatment is carried out with the help of a magnet, a pressure chamber, a laser;
- antibacterial treatment course.
In advanced cases, for example, when the tubules of the sperm or tumor are blocked, surgical intervention is performed.
Important! With proper and timely treatment, oligospermia is eliminated in 95% of patients.
Treatment of oligospermia with medicines
Medication is prescribed in cases where oligospermia is accompanied by viral or bacterial diseases.
The following drugs are used for treatment:
- "Clomid" or "Clomifene" blocks the production of estrogen;
- Proxide is a biologically active additive;
- atioxidants and vitamins;
- is a medicament for the testosterone group.
Healthy lifestyle and diet as one of the methods of treatment
For successful treatment, as well as prevention of oligospermia, it is necessary to follow simple rules:
- refuse smoking and alcoholic beverages;
- observe the regime of the day, rest more;
- avoid conflicts and stressful situations;
- do sports;
- Sex life should be regular, but not too intense.
Nutrition affects not only men's health, but also the condition and quantity of seminal fluid. The diet should consist of:
- products containing protein: nuts, meat, fish and legumes;
- mushrooms and legumes that contain zinc;
- spinach, carrots, pumpkins and broccoli, rich in natural antioxidants;
- products containing selenium: broccoli and garlic;
- citrus, tomato, Bulgarian pepper, rich in vitamin C;
- olive oil and various nuts that contain a lot of vitamin E.
Treatment of oligospermia with folk remedies
If the cause of oligospermia is a wrong lifestyle or minor violations of the reproductive system, you can try to cure it with folk remedies.Onions
- Onions are an effective means for increasing the ejaculate.Eat 100 grams of baked or boiled onions in the morning and in the evening.The course of treatment lasts three weeks.
- Tablespoon grated carrots pour 150 ml of warm boiled milk.Insist about forty minutes.Use at night.The course of treatment is two weeks.
- Take 50 g of 3-year-old aloe and 100 grams of lemon, walnuts, dates, raisins, dried apricots and figs.Stir everything by adding 100 g of honey to the mixture.Take a teaspoonful of food three times a day.Keep the mixture in the refrigerator.
Can I get pregnant with oligospermia
The probability of getting pregnant with the disease is there, but it is worth considering that the chance of becoming parents decreases with each transition of oligospermia to the next stage of development.
At the first stage, the probability is 30%, and already at the third stage it is reduced by 10 times.
If you can not conceive for a long time, do not rely on chance.Be sure to consult a specialist and go for a full examination to find out the disease in time and start treatment.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, a doctor and sexologist-andrologist of the Center for Family Planning