Than to treat a fungus of fingernails or nails on legs or foots: medicines from a fungus
The nail fungus can be treated with the help of official medicine and folk remedies.Specialists warn that folk remedies in very rare cases have a positive effect, therefore, to conduct experiments and wait for the spread of the disease is not worth it.
Official medicine implies the application of three directions of therapy with fungus on the nails - systemic, local and combined.Naturally, for each of them certain medicines will be used - that's what they will be discussed in this article.Table of contents: Local therapy Systemic therapy Combination therapy Nail varnish from fungus: overview of preparations
Local therapy: ointments, solutions, varnishes from fungusRecommended:
It is understood that as part of the local therapy against fungal attackNails on the legs patients should use the means that have a curative effect directly on the lesion. It is possible to identify the most common topical preparations for the treatment of nail fungus:
- Exoderyl solution - maximally penetrates into the nail, has a disastrous effect on almost all varieties of fungal colonies.It is especially worth noting that Exoderyl is a safe drug - in the official instruction, possible side effects are described, but they happen extremely rarely.Apply this drug to the affected nail until the healthy nail plate grows completely.
- Mycospore( kit) - this topical medicine completely cures the fungus on the nails for 14 days, and this can be considered a unique property of the drug.The only thing that needs to be remembered is that the treatment specifically with this drug proceeds in an aggressive form, as it begins to grow a healthy nail plate, which causes discomfort and even painful sensations.
- Batrafen( varnish) is quite expensive, but with the help of one bottle it will be possible to conduct a full course of treatment of the nail fungus, which proceeds even in the advanced stage.Batrafen varnish is applied to the nail plate not more than once in 2 days, and at the end of treatment the number of procedures becomes even less - once a week.
Other medications include various ointments, gels and creams.Efficiency is also high, but in use they are inconvenient - it will be necessary to moisten a cotton swab, "build" a compress for each affected nail.
If the fungal disease has spread to the skin of the feet, it will be possible to use other medicines in the treatment - they will be effective against the fungus on the skin. These include:
- Terbinafine - is highly effective, practically has no contraindications to use, but before use it is necessary to study the official instruction for the preparation;
- Ecodax is a cheap product that is effective but is characterized by the appearance of "pobochek"; therefore, when treating the fungus with this remedy, it is necessary to carefully inspect the application sites so that in the event of redness or rashes, stop the procedures immediately;
- Clotrimazole is the most common antifungal agent, which has a minimum of contraindications, practically does not cause side effects and is very cheap;
- Triderm is a universal remedy with a combined composition that helps quickly get rid of itching in the places of fungus lesions.
This treatment is characterized by the intake of antifungal drugs inside - it is a question of tablets. They are appointed by the attending physician not always, there are certain factors that give rise to the choice of systemic treatment:
- fungal infection is already in the advanced stage;
- on one leg 2-3 nail plates are affected;
- age range of patient over 50 years;
- detaches the nail plate from the bed;
- there is a significant thickening of the nail;
- , the patient had previously been diagnosed with diabetes mellitus.
The most popular medicines for fungi of systemic action are:
- Fluconazole - 1 capsule is taken per day, the duration of treatment can be 6-12 months;
- Lamisil - treatment is carried out at least 2 months, it is characterized by numerous side effects;
- Terbinafine - after 2 weeks of use, the first results will be visible, but the final disposal of a fungal infection can occur only after 12-18 months.
Note: systemic medicines for nail fungus on the legs( tablets) are contraindicated for use during periods of bearing and breastfeeding, with previously diagnosed liver diseases.
According to specialists( and even according to statistics) the most effective method of treating nail fungus will be combined therapy.As a rule, doctors prescribe medicines of local action and tablets from the fungus on the nails. Things to remember when performing the combined treatment:
- The fungal lesions of the nail plates are removed in the treatment facility.Take into account that within 10-15 days you can remove the affected areas of the nail and yourself - steaming your nails, removing layer by layer with scissors or a rough nail file.In some cases, doctors resort to removing the sick nail plate surgically, but this is only useful if other methods are ineffective or impossible.
- Local antifungal agents are applied - they are much more effective than tablets.It is necessary to use local antimycotics( these are varnishes), local antiseptics and multicomponent drugs.You need to know how to apply the varnish against the fungus to the sick nail:
- steal the legs;
- remove the already affected areas of the plate - they will be stratified or thickened;
- with a special nail file the surface of the nail is ground - it is given a rough surface, which is necessary for better adhesion of the varnish with the nail;
- varnish is applied with a brush in one layer.
Note: if the antifungal lacquer has already been applied, then it must be removed before the new procedure - this is done either with a swab dipped in alcohol solution or with scissors.
- Assign a combination treatment only in the event of a fungal attack of a maximum of 2 nail plates on the leg or at the initial stage of development of the disease in question.
Treatment of nail fungus on the legs in any case will be long - on average, complete healing occurs within 12 months.And the most difficult thing in this "event" is not the choice of a specific medication, but the need for regular medical procedures.Another point - in no case can the treatment be interrupted "halfway" - all previously performed procedures immediately become a useless occupation.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category