Cinnamon: benefit and harm
How nice the cinnamon rolls smell!But not all bakeries ask questions, what is useful or harmful cinnamon and how else it can be used.Meanwhile, even Chinese and Indian healers of ancient civilizations knew about the medicinal properties of this plant and applied it in their practice.Why?
Interesting! A cinnamon tree is an evergreen plant.To get a valuable bark at certain times on it, cuts are made, then they are still waiting, and only in the appropriate season they are harvested.But suitable for use not the whole cortex, but only its thin inner layer of 0.5 cm
Nutritional value of 100 g:.
- Calories: 247
- kcal Protein: 3.99 g
- Fat: 1.24 g
- Carbohydrates: 27.49 g
Show the full list »
- Dietary fiber: 53.1 grams
- Ash: 3.6 g
- Water: 10.58 grams Mono- and disaccharides
- : 2.17 c
- saturated fatty acids: 0.345 c
- Calcium: 1002 mg
- Magnesium 60 mg
- Sodium: 10 mg
- Potassium 431 mg
- Phosphorus 64 mg
- Beta-carotene: 0.112 mg
- Vitamin A( RE):15 μg
- Vitamin B1( thiamin): 0.022 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin): 0.041 mg
- Vitamin B5( pantothenic): 0.358 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine): 0.158 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic):6
- mcg Vitamin C: 3,8 mg
- Vitamin E( FE): 2.32 mg
- Vitamin K( phylloquinone): 31.2 g
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 1,332 mg
- Choline: 11 mg
- Iron: 8.32 mg
- Zinc: 1.83 mg
- Copper: 339 μg
- Manganese: 17,466 mg
- Selenium: 3.1 μg
The chemical composition of cinnamon contains a mass of substances so necessary for human health :
- Vitamins - C, K, A, E, PP, B;
- Useful micro and macro elements - potassium, sodium, zinc, phosphorus, copper, manganese and selenium, iron, calcium, magnesium;
- Other substances - tannic elements, aldehyde, cinnamyl acetate, polyphenol, cinnamyl alcohol, dietary fiber, mono- and disaccharides, starch and coumarin.
Cinnamon, which grows in different territories, has different properties.The most valuable is the product from Sri Lanka - the original homeland of cinnamon, and the Chinese substitute - cassia, is capable of causing more harm, because it has a high content of tannins and a high concentration of coumarin.
Useful properties of cinnamon
This seasoning, if properly used, can have a beneficial effect on the body.Large-scale studies of cinnamon have been conducted, during which it has been proved that cinnamon helps with diabetes mellitus.It's all about polyphenol in its composition - it facilitates the facilitated absorption of insulin.
Among the useful properties of cinnamon, the following effect can be distinguished: :
- Antiseptic, antibacterial;
- Stabilizing work of the digestive tract;
- Prophylaxis of oncological neoplasms in the large intestine;
- Removes cholesterol from the blood and reduces the sugar content;
- Positively affects women's health - increases sexuality, normalizes the menstrual cycle, relieves pain, fatigue and irritability with monthly bleeding.
Interesting! Cinnamon flavor refers to the "sold" group.It is often used in various outlets to increase the volume of sales of .
And besides this, cinnamon:
- Well helps with diarrhea, clogged bile ducts and liver, kidney disease( normalizes the formation of urine and the outflow of excess fluid from the body).
- The spectrum of its positive influence covers other organs and systems of the human body.Regular use of cinnamon can prevent heart attacks, ease the symptoms of arthritis.
- The proper use of this spice will help to normalize the work of the nervous system - relieve insomnia and depression.
- It will alleviate the course of the flu - it will improve sweating, relieve headache, remove the swelling of the nasal mucosa and facilitate breathing, reduce coughing attacks.
- Allows you to solve some dental problems - cinnamon even relieves inflammation in pulpitis.
Important: recommends the use of cinnamon to schoolchildren, as it improves concentration and memory.
Contraindications to the use of cinnamon
Harm of cinnamon can be clearly expressed if consumed in large doses without breaks.It is fraught with such application of this spice by a decrease in the functionality of the liver, intense headaches and a feeling of severe fatigue.
Also with caution, it is necessary to include it in dishes if such health disorders are observed :
- acute forms of gastrointestinal diseases, in particular, the presence of peptic ulcer is the most direct contraindication;
- poor blood coagulability - cinnamon contributes to even more dilution;
- susceptibility of the skin allergy;
Important: is not recommended for pregnant women and nursing mothers.In the first case, the tone of the uterus may increase, and this is the first cause of premature birth.In the second - cinnamon penetrates into breast milk, and its taste is not very popular with children, which can lead even to the child's rejection of the breast.
Cinnamon is widely used in cosmetology and folk medicine.Its use allows you to improve the condition of the skin and hair, reduce weight, tone up the entire body.We offer some of the simplest, but effective recipes that you can use for yourself:
- Recipe for a fast food day .Mix 1 tsp.Powder of cinnamon with 1.5 liters of low-fat kefir.Put in the refrigerator and drink this volume for 1 day.Improve this composition by adding prunes, apples or ginger.
- Hair restoration mask .Those who want to get a quick result and do not want to use chemical drugs, it is enough to make a mask based on cinnamon.To do this, mix the olive oil and liquid honey - 2 tbsp.L. Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp.All mixture in the heated form, apply to damp hair, wrap the head with a plastic wrap and hold it for 45 minutes.Next - wash your head as usual and rinse with diluted vinegar water.
Do not deny yourself the real pleasure - the use of spicy seasonings of cinnamon, but do it wisely and then you will get only good from it!