Sorghum( croup): benefit and harm
Sorghum - not the popular culture in the CIS and European countries, however, about its benefits know all the inhabitants of the Sudan and Ethiopia, as well as it is very popular in China, which is world famous for their traditional medicines.More than 5,000 years, this culture is included in the daily diet of Asian residents, which entails their healthy lifestyle and good health.
Find in the free sale of sorghum in our country is also possible - in online stores and large supermarkets everyone has the opportunity to purchase such a valuable and quite delicious product.
Interesting fact: today there are more than 70 kinds of cereal, of which 24 are wild, 28 cultivated, and the rest - novovyvedennye breeders.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 323 kcal
- Proteins: 10.6 g
- Fat: 4.1 g
- Carbohydrate: 59.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.5 g
- Water:13.5 g
Useful properties sorghum doubtless because the composition of the cereal grain comprises the following components:
- valuable vitamin set - PP, H, B, E, C, choline.
- Calcium, zinc, potassium, copper, magnesium, iron, silicon.
- Aluminum, cobalt, chromium, phosphorus, iodine, sodium.Pectins, antioxidants.
Polyphenolic compounds in this crop are a record number - 12 times more than in the most popular in this respect blueberries.
The use of sorghum is manifested with its regular use, but without the excessive amount of cereals in the diet. It is as follows:
- stimulation of appetite;
- muscle toning;
- improved secretion of the gastrointestinal tract;
- stimulation of the brain and cardiac muscle;
- protects the body from the harmful effects of toxins, including alcohol and tobacco;
- prevention of skin aging;
- normalization of metabolism, due to the correct and rapid cleavage of complex fats and the synthesis of fatty acids;
- strengthening of bone tissue, which prevents the development of various joint diseases;
- stabilizes the level of glucose, cholesterol and oxygen in the blood.
In folk medicine often recommend the use of sorghum for:
- accelerate the healing of skin wounds;
- recovery of gastric mucosa;
- normalization of the nervous system
Important! Useful sorghum properties have a beneficial effect on the condition of women in the position and nursing mothers.Therefore, it is recommended to include in their diet, as well as older people and young children from 8 months.
Groats can and should be consumed, if there is a need to remove puffiness in renal failure, it is an excellent diuretic.Also, sorghum is useful for diets of people diagnosed with celiac disease( an allergy to gluten in the cereal protein), since this substance is not contained in it.
Interesting fact: in Russia sorghum is also grown, but exclusively in the Saratov region.When trying to plant this crop in other regions, there was no ripening.
Sorghum contraindications are limited solely to the possible individual intolerance of one of the chemicals.When excessive use was also seen manifestations of flatulence.
Otherwise, sorghum is only good for the human body, that dieticians, vegetarians and people striving to make the most of nutrition for a healthy lifestyle try to make the most of it.
Tips for using
Depending on the type of sorghum, you can use:
- as the main side dish - an alternative to oatmeal, buckwheat, rice;
- for cooking dishes, based on the standard is rice( pilaf, meatballs) - the taste is more refined;
- as part of some cold appetizers, salads;
- for making flat cakes, baking - you can take flour from sorghum or cook on the basis of a lemon grade syrups, creams for baking.