Useful and harmful properties of dandelion
Dandelions are known to everyone since childhood - they are used to make wreaths for girls, they surround almost all residents( both urban and rural), and grow everywhere except the Far North and deserts.But the dandelion is not only a spring flower, but also a very useful plant - even the ancient doctors knew about its truly curative properties.
The chemical composition of the dandelion
If we consider the composition of a dandelion, we need to "disassemble" this flower in parts :
- leaves contain vitamin C, calcium, iron, phosphorus;
- roots are rich in resinous substances, organic acids, fatty oils, bitter glycosides, coloring agents.Of course, it would be problematic to list the complete chemical composition of the plant in question, but believe me, scientists and physicians have done quite a lot of research to confirm the unconditional benefit of this spring flower. "The
By the way, an interesting fact: bees simply adore dandelions!It is from the pollen of this flower that it turns out thick, golden, with a piquant taste of honey - some experts claim that it is the best.
Useful properties of dandelion
In medicine, the plant in question is used widely enough. For example, even official science recognizes a positive effect on the human body with :
- liver cirrhosis;
- of renal and cholelithiasis;
- inflammatory diseases of the kidney and urinary system.
Dandelion helps to cope with signs of intoxication, lack of appetite, gastritis with reduced acidity of gastric juice, joint diseases.The dandelion contains a lot of potassium, so with its help you can replenish the supplies of this substance in the body.
Dandelion juice is a tonic and firming remedy that can be safely used in diseases of bones, spine and for strengthening the gums.Bitter substances of the plant in question, which are most fully revealed in the juice, stimulate the liver, help to remove sand and even small stones from the gallbladder.
Infusion from the roots of dandelions has a blood-purifying, diaphoretic and toning properties.This infusion is useful for people with diabetes - the roots of dandelion contribute to a natural decrease in blood sugar, the same part of the plant in question is part of many phytospores for weight loss.
Active in medicine, and powder from dried roots of dandelion - it accelerates the healing of wounds, burns, ulcers and pressure sores, helps to cope with many dermatological diseases.
Harmful properties of dandelion, contraindications
Despite the many useful properties of dandelion, it should be used for treatment with extreme caution.Ideally, consult a physician beforehand about the safety and appropriateness of using dandelion as one of the auxiliaries.
Categorically contraindicated in the treatment of dandelion with :
- susceptibility to diarrhea;
- stomach ulcer and / or duodenal ulcer;
- pregnancy and during breast-feeding;
- is an individual intolerant or hypersensitive to this plant.
Note: if you are engaged in collecting dandelions on your own, then you need to do it in ecologically clean places - near roads, industrial facilities and just in the city this plant absorbs all the exhausts, chemicals, toxins.
Application of dandelion in traditional medicine
In order not to be mistaken in the choice of a particular part of the plant under consideration and to prepare the medicine correctly, one should listen to some recommendations from specialists. Here they are :
- The dandelion root is an excellent cholagogue.To make it, you need to grind raw materials, take 5 tablespoons of the resulting mass and pour 1 liter of boiling water.Then everything is cooked in a water bath for 20 minutes, cooled and filtered.Use the broth for 100 ml 3 times a day for a week, then take a break for 30 days.
- Hepatic diseases can be treated with a dandelion tincture.For its preparation, mix 15 ml of alcohol, 100 g of juice from the root of a dandelion, 15 ml of medical glycerin and 20 ml of water.The finished product should be taken 2 tablespoons once a day.
- 2 teaspoons of crushed dandelion root 1 cup of boiling water, soaking the mixture for 8 hours, get an excellent means to increase appetite.
- Before meals 4 times a day you need to drink 1 teaspoon of juice from the leaves of a dandelion - this will support the body in case of anemia and vitamin deficiency.
- Decoction from the roots, cooked according to the classic method( tablespoon of raw materials for 2 cups of boiling water), take 1 tablespoon 4-5 times a day before eating with blood diseases and metabolic disorders.
- Powder from the roots helps with skin diseases.
Dandelions do not need to be ripped off just for fun!This plant will be of great benefit to the body, restore and strengthen health, ease the condition with prolonged pathologies.It is better to make from them juice, powder, infusions - they can be used both for the treatment of adults, and for the treatment of children.