Feta cheese: benefit and harm
Feta - cheese made in Greece from sheep or goat milk.The name of this cheese became a brand - so now only the product that is made in Greece is called, but the Fetaki cheese, which in its composition is completely identical to the Greek, but made in other countries, can also be found on the market.
The appearance of Feta cheese resembles pressed cottage cheese, but its flavor is more vivid, expressive, with characteristic sourness.Fat cheese fat content is variable and can fluctuate within 30-60%, holding time is 3 months.
Feta cheese - calorie content and composition
Nutritional value 100 g:
- Caloric value: 290 kcal
- Proteins: 17 g
- Fats: 24 g
The Feta cheese contains many usefulFor the body of the substance:
- riboflavin - participates in the formation of red blood cells, improves reproductive function;
- calcium - strengthens the bones;
- B vitamins - help to cope with depression, normalize the psycho-emotional background, restore the work of the nervous system.
Feta cheese is rich in a highly nutritious soluble protein, which provides a healthy appearance, improves digestion.There are in the composition of the product in question and tryptophan is an amino acid that promotes the production of serotonin( a hormone of happiness).Very much in Feta cheese probiotics - they help to quickly cope with the effects of food poisoning.
Feta cheese - the benefit of the product
This dairy product has a beneficial effect on overall well-being - people who regularly eat Feta cheese never suffer from insomnia, depression and bad mood. If you consider the benefits of Feta cheese on the part of medicine, you should know :
- Greek cheese can significantly improve the digestive system - if every day to eat a small piece of Feta, then no constipation, no diarrhea, no flatulence or a feeling of overcrowdingStomach will not bother;
- the product under consideration significantly improves the psychoemotional background - serotonin is produced under the influence of nutrients, so eating a piece of Greek cheese is tantamount to consuming chocolate or coffee;
- if you use Feta cheese every day for 50-100 g, then the blood pressure will be normalized, and it does not matter what was diagnosed - hypotension or hypertension;
- after 2 months of regular consumption of cheese improves the condition of hair and nails.
Please note: for weight loss this product is not suitable, but if you use the useful properties competently, then even for those who adhere to the diet, it is permissible to eat 50 grams of Feta cheese every day.The fact that during losing weight a woman refuses from sweet - for many it becomes a real catastrophe, the ladies get spoiled, they become irritable and nervous.But a small piece of cheese will help to cope with these unpleasant "side effects" of the diet - excellent mood and peace of mind is guaranteed.
Harm of Feta cheese
It is generally accepted that the product in question can be introduced into the diet for people with diagnosed gastrointestinal diseases.But all the same, Feta cheese has some limitations in its use.You can not enter into the diet Greek cheese for those who have a predisposition to obesity - a product that is high in calories and fat.It is necessary to abandon Feta for cardiovascular diseases( angina / coronary heart disease), arthritis.Extremely accurate should be when eating Feta cheese with a diagnosis of type 2 diabetes - there may be a violation of metabolic processes, which will cause deterioration of the patient.
Feta cheese - how to choose and store
When choosing the product in question, you should pay attention to the following points of :
- the cheese should be one piece - not broken, not crumbled;
- Feta should be in the brine;
- the color of the product may vary from white to yellowish cream;
- Cheese flavor is pleasant, with a slight sourness;
- no dark spots on the surface of the piece of cheese should be.
Greek cheese is stored in brine and shelf life practically does not exist.If Feta is stored for too long in brine, the cheese can be very salty - it should be soaked in mineral water or in milk.
Feta cheese - application
The product in question is very tasty in its original form - it is eaten with bread or without, washed down with sweet tea or coffee.But the Greek cheese can also be used for cooking various dishes - it is added to salads, stacked on one baking tray with meat for baking in the oven, and in the Caucasus cheese is fried in vegetable refined oil - this is considered a real delicacy.
Feta cheese is not only a delicious product, but also very useful.Doctors say that even a small amount of this sour milk product will help to cope with fatigue, and lack of appetite, and even with a bad mood.A great alternative to coffee and chocolate!