Control weighting of the child: algorithm, norms
Nine months of parents' expectations and now the baby was born.With the birth of a child, parents' anxiety does not decrease.Does the baby have enough milk, does he gain weight?These questions will help to find the answer check weighing.Contents: Why weighing is carried out Checking weighing - the algorithm of the results of the control weighing
Why is the weighing of
For full development, the baby must eat a certain amount of food per day.When the baby is breastfed, the parents clearly control how much they give in the form of a mixture.The prepared food is poured into a bottle with the noted milliliters.After feeding, it's enough to look at what mark with milliliters the level of the remaining mixture was set in order to subtract how much the baby ate.
But how to determine how much milk the baby eats for one application to the breast?To do this, resort to such a method as control weighing. For this, the baby is placed on a scale, and his weight is recorded.Then the mother feeds the baby, after which the child is again put on the scale and weighed.The difference between the two figures and will indicate the amount of milk eaten by
However, once conducted for a day control weighing little about what will tell.The bottom line is that with each application to the breast, the mother produces a different amount of milk.In addition, the baby in different feeding can also eat less or more milk.
Control weighing must be carried out prematurely, weakened, retarded in development of children. Because the reason for the delay in development may be an insufficient amount of food eaten.
Control weighing - algorithm for carrying out
For weighing purposes, you will need a children's scale, electronic or mechanical.Control weighing does not need to be carried out often.It is enough, for example, to do check weights once a week-a month.Are children's scales are not cheap, you need to spend it on them or not, it's up to the parents.You can always ask the children's scales for one day from their friends.
How to carry out the control weighing?
- Take a sheet of paper and draw a table with four columns.From above, sign each of them as follows: "Feeding time", "Body weight before feeding", "Body weight after feeding", "Difference in body weight".This label should be filled after each feeding.
- Before feeding, put the baby on the scale and fix the body weight.The child can be in clothes.This will not affect the results, because we are not interested in the exact weight of the child, but in weight gain after applying to the breast.
- Attach the baby to the chest and feed.
- Put the baby on the scale.If the child has urinated or defecated, it is not necessary to remove diapers( clothes).Record the weight.
- Fill in the columns of the table, calculate the difference in weight.The difference in weight is the amount of milk eaten.
- Carry out the control weighing of the baby after each feeding for a whole day, even at night.
Control weighing results
So, the daily control weighing is completed.Now you need to sum the data recorded in the fourth column "Difference in weight".This will be the volume of milk that the baby has eaten in a day.Now you need to evaluate the results obtained in order to understand whether such a sufficient amount of food for the baby is enough.
The approximate daily amount of milk for children up to ten days can be calculated using the formula of Zaitseva:
Milk volume = 2% of body weight * number of days of life
Example: baby weighing 3600 g at the age of 4Days should receive: V = 0.02 * 3600 * 4 = 288 ml of milk per day.
For children age two weeks and older, use the voluminous method of calculating Hoibner-Cherni, according to which the toddler should consume as much food( in milliliters) per day:
- At the age of 2-4 weeks - 1/5 of the body weight;
- At the age of 6 weeks-4 months - 1/6 of the body weight;
- At the age of 4-6 months - 1/7 of the body weight;
- At the age of 6-9 months - 1/8 of the body weight;
- At the age of 9-12 months - 1/9 of the body weight.
In this case, the volume of food the baby in the first year of life should not exceed one liter.
Example: The daily volume of food for a three-month-old baby with a body weight of 5600 is 930 ml( at a rate of 5600: 6 = 930).
A more accurate method of calculating the amount of food for children of the first year of life is the calorie method of Maslov , according to which weight of the baby, body weight and energy requirement at a certain age are taken into account. According to this method, a child of 1 kg of body weight should:
- At the age of up to three months - 120 kcal / day;
- At the age of 3-6 months - 115 kcal / day;
- At the age of 6-9 months - 110 kcal / day;
- At the age of 9-12 months - 100 kcal / day.
In 1 liter of breast milk contains 700 kcal.
Example : a child of four months with a mass of 5700 g. The caloric requirement per day is 115 * 5.7 = 655.5 kcal.
Remembering that 1000 ml of breast milk contains 700 kcal, and the baby needs 655.5 kcal, you need to calculate the required amount of milk.
So, with the help of the proportion, consider:
In 1000 ml of breast milk - 700 kcal
In X ml of breast milk - 655, 5 kcal
X = 1000 * 655,5 / 700= 936.4 ml.
Thus, the daily volume of food for this baby is 936 ml.
After calculating the required daily volume of mother's food, it is necessary to compare this figure with the daily volume of milk.If, based on the results of the daily control weighing, the baby consumes less milk than he should receive according to the formulas, it is necessary to inform the pediatrician about it.The doctor will tell you how to correct the baby's food so that he gets the food in the proper volume.
Grigorova Valeria, medical reviewer