How to get rid of bad feet
The unpleasant smell of feet became an actual problem of many people - it prevents to feel comfortable in the society, deprives confidence even the most successful people.At the same time, the unpleasant smell of the feet has the property to spread even when the shoes are not worn, and especially this process occurs with wet shoes.In general, this all leads to irritability, nerves and even depressions.Table of contents:
Mechanism of foot odor creation
This condition can occur for both natural and pathological reasons.
On the surface of the foot skin are sweat glands that perform a thermoregulatory function.The basis of an unpleasant smell is just the discharge of these very sweat glands of the foot.
If the air temperature is high, a person experiences high physical stress, wears too warm socks, then the sweat glands begin to work more actively, in some cases, more than 200 ml of sweat are released per day!In itself, the liquid( sweat) has no smell - it consists of 99% of water, and 1% is chlorine, acids, salts and ammonia.An unpleasant smell is given by bacteria that actively multiply on the surface of the feet - a warm and moist environment for them is the optimal condition for life.
But it should be borne in mind that the smell of odor is different.Some people have such a smell of sweat that they themselves perfectly feel it.This is not a problem, because, knowing this physiological feature of the body, a person will simply conduct hygienic procedures and use specific means to facilitate the "fragrance".
Pathological causes of
Unpleasant odor of the legs can be a consequence of the development of certain pathologies.These include:
- fungal lesions of the skin and nail plates of the toes;
- diabetes mellitus;
- hormonal disorders;
- improper mode and diet;
- permanent stresses, nervous diseases and even phobias;
- some cardiovascular diseases;
- vegetative-vascular dystonia;
- pathology of the endocrine system.
Therefore, doctors warn that in case of sudden appearance of unpleasant odor of the feet, although previously this was not noted, you need to undergo a medical examination.
Separately it is worth mentioning some factors that can cause the appearance of unpleasant odor of the feet. These include:
- walking in wet socks and shoes;
- violation or non-compliance with personal hygiene;
- permanent wearing completely closed shoes;
- use of socks and tights from synthetic materials;
- purchase of footwear from artificial materials;
- ignoring the need to change socks and tights.
How to get rid of the unpleasant odor of the feet
Note: to get rid of this phenomenon, you need to make sure that there are no pathological causes of unpleasant odor of the feet.Otherwise, even the application of the best and modern deodorants will not have any effect.
Foot FungusWe recommend reading:
Fungal diseases are considered very contagious, but even with direct contact, the disease itself may not develop.The fact is that if the human immune system is strong, then it is quite capable of giving a "rebuff" to fungal colonies, but even with a slight weakening of immunity, the fungus will begin to spread rapidly.
As a rule, the treatment of the foot fungus is delayed for a long time, but the exact duration of therapy and the medicines themselves should be selected by the specialist .As a rule, in the treatment of fungal diseases of the lower extremities, the following agents are prescribed:
- antifungal creams - Nizoral and / or Zalain;
- antimycotic nail polishes - Demicthen, Batrafen and / or Loceril;
- tablets with antifungal effect - Fluconazole, ketoconazole and / or Intraconazole;
- antimycotic sprays - Terbiks and / or Lamisil.
Only strict adherence to instructions for the use of these drugs with antifungal action, compliance with personal hygiene and disinfection of shoes and socks / tights will help get rid of both the fungal disease and the unpleasant odor of the feet.
Even if you use the most powerful remedy for unpleasant odor of feet, conduct treatment of fungal diseases with modern drugs, non-observance of personal hygiene rules, all efforts will come to naught.
Rules of personal foot hygiene:
- In the morning and in the evening every day you need to wash your feet.
- If there are no contraindications, then after washing your feet you should pour cold water.
- Use peelings and scrubs to help clean the skin of the feet from scales.
- Between the toes, and generally the entire foot, it is necessary to dry thoroughly after any water procedures( including, during blotting).
- Socks and tights need to be bought and worn from natural fabrics, but a small amount of synthetic fibers is allowed.
- Shoes must be made of natural materials.
- Regular care of shoes is necessary - for example, it is important to periodically wipe the inside of the shoe with antiseptic solutions( a weak solution of potassium permanganate).
- Shoes should be bought strictly in size - too small shoes / boots / boots and in general any models are strictly forbidden to wear.
- Socks should be changed regularly - at least every day, and with excessive sweating of the feet( physiological feature) or in hot weather and several times a day.
Deodorants for the feet
This is the most affordable means to combat the unpleasant odor of the feet, it can be used on a daily basis.There are several types of deodorants for legs - fragrances( they mask the smell), antiperspirants, normalizing sweating and medicinal.The agent in question can be produced in the form of a gel, aerosol, cream or talc.
Antiperspirants block the flow canals, but they can not be used around the clock - the skin of the feet also has to breathe, otherwise you will get the opposite effect.Not bad antiperspirants Klima Surefoot Spray, Odour Control Neutra-Activ have proved themselves.
Deodorants that are able to normalize sweating do not block sweat glands, like antiperspirants, but maintain their functionality within normal limits.Vichi 7 days and Deo-control are bright representatives of such means - they can be used daily and for a long time.
Therapeutic deodorants are the most effective and "right" remedies for getting rid of the unpleasant odor of the feet.They do not allow bacteria to spread, and this is already eliminating the root cause of the problem in question.As an example, you can bring a medical deodorant Gevol honey.But doctors warn that it is not desirable to constantly use such a tool - it is well known that bacteria can get used to a remedy and become resistant to harmful substances.
Apply any of the listed deodorants to a dry and washed skin stop.Then you need to wait until the product is completely absorbed or dried and only then you can wear socks and shoes.In the evening you need to wash off the deodorant!
Creams and lotions from the unpleasant odor of the feet
On sale you can find quite a lot of creams that help control sweating on the feet and relieve the unpleasant odor of the feet.Than such means are good - they can be used all life, the main thing - correctly to pick up "the" cream.
The most popular foot creams:
- Dry-Dry.It is a clear liquid, which contains aluminum chloride hydrate and denatured alcohol.These active substances create a kind of stub that does not make it possible to release perspiration from the sweat glands, but it gives you the opportunity to go out to him in other places, or is excreted by the kidneys.
If this remedy is used correctly, then the protection will last for 3-5 days.Apply liquid to the clean and dry surface of the feet in the evening, and in the morning you can already carry out hygiene procedures.
- Lavilin.It is a herbal preparation, available in the form of a cream.The composition of the product is quite a lot of components - chamomile, talc, calendula, potato starch, zinc oxide, arnica, ethylhexyl glycerol and others.All of them protect from the unpleasant odor of perspiration for 7 days, having a complex effect - they destroy the fungus and bacteria, slow down the activity of the sweat glands.
Apply the product in small amounts on a clean skin of the foot, after it is fully absorbed you can swim, play sports.The next application of the cream should not be earlier than an unpleasant odor will appear.
- Galeno Farm "5 days".This combination contains zinc oxide( has a drying and disinfecting effect), cetyl alcohol( retains moisture in the skin), camphor( it's antiseptic) and menthol, which gives freshness and cools the feet.
Please note that this cream has a fat structure, so it should be applied to the feet in a minimal amount - one that will be absorbed completely.
- Deo-control from Kalina.The composition contains a unique combination of shea butter, lavender, tea tree, cocoa, vitamins A, E and B5.Deo-control destroys bacteria, creating an invisible protective film on the skin of the foot.
Apply the product after washing your feet with a thin layer, and the next application should be either after another hygienic procedure, or when a smell of sweat occurs.
- Green pharmacy.The cream has a deodorant and antifungal effect, and, the manufacturer promises a five-day protection against the unpleasant odor of the feet.
Apply the product to a dry and clean skin of the foot, it is very good to use after visiting the sauna and / or sauna.
Pharmaceuticals against foot odor
There are a number of products that are sold exclusively in pharmacies - they have been certified and fully meet the declared quality characteristics. These include:
- Pasta Teimurova.This drug is recommended by official medicine with excessive sweating, has drying and disinfecting effects.The paste is applied to the feet washed and dried in a natural way( not by a towel!), Especially carefully it is necessary to process the interdigital space.The paste should be literally rubbed into the skin for 1-3 minutes, until completely absorbed.Teimurov paste is applied 3-4 days in a row, then a break is made.At the next occurrence of an unpleasant smell of legs, the procedure must be repeated.
- Boric acid.This product has antiseptic effect, due to which the unpleasant smell of feet is eliminated.Boric acid( it goes in the form of a powder) is buried in each sock, distributed over it.Then the socks can be worn all day, and in the evening they go to the wash, and the feet are thoroughly washed.This procedure should be carried out every day for 5-7 days, then you need to take a break of 10-14 days and the course can be repeated.
- Baziron AS and Oxy Silver.These drugs are designed to treat acne - so indicated in the instructions.But they can be successfully used to get rid of the unpleasant odor of the feet.Apply the product on dry and clean feet, but it is recommended to use no more than 3 months in a row.
- Alums are burnt.They immobilize bacteria and fungi and adsorb sweat, reduce the activity of the sweat glands, and have an anti-inflammatory effect.In the morning, it is necessary to apply powder to the clean and dry skin of the feet, and in the evening it is necessary to conduct a hygienic procedure.
- Lavender oil.It is a natural antiseptic that can kill bacteria and provide a refreshing effect.In no case can not be used undiluted lavender oil - this tool should be added to the foot bath.It is known that the oil does not dissolve in water, so to facilitate the process and enhance the effect of the procedure, first the oil is dissolved in the milk, and then it is added to the water.A footbath with lavender oil should be done three times a week at night.
- Formidron.The preparation is based on formaldehyde, which intensively dries the skin and has an antiseptic effect.It is applied to clean and dry feet every evening, but note that with too long application of Formidron, drying of the foot skin may occur.
Folk remedies for feet odor
Well, of course, the problem of unpleasant odor of the feet is known to mankind for a long time - our ancestors too could cope with the problem without special medicines. Here are just a few recipes from the category "folk medicine":
- Potato starch is applied to dry and clean skin of the feet, then put on socks.This substance binds sweat, does not allow the smell to spread and dry the skin.
- Dry the crust of lemon, grind between the palms until oil appears and rub it into clean and dry feet.Lemon has a deodorizing effect, dries the skin and destroys fungal colonies.
- Bacteria and fungi are very sensitive to salt, so you can use the baths with sea salt to eliminate the unpleasant odor of the feet.Every evening, a bath of 2 tablespoons of salt for 5 liters of warm water is done for 10 minutes.After the procedure, the feet should be dried naturally.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of oak bark with a liter of boiling water, boil over low heat for 5-7 minutes and cool.A ready-made broth is added to the foot bath - a drying and antiseptic effect will be provided.
- If for 5 consecutive days to wash your feet with laundry soap, the unpleasant odor of your feet will be defeated.
The unpleasant odor of the feet is a very unpleasant phenomenon.But if you make some effort, you can get rid of the unpleasant odor of the feet, and from increased sweating.The only recommendation is to visit the doctor to find out the reason for the appearance of the situation in question, because in case of pathology any actions will be impractical until complete recovery.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category