Very often, as a result of a sharp weight loss, the amount of subcutaneous fat in the cheek area decreases, and they seem to be sunken.Because of this, the usual contours of the face are broken, and it itself acquires a painful, tired appearance.Cosmetologists and plastic surgeons offer different methods for its correction, with all experts agree on one thing: the need to pre-establish the causes that led to the appearance of a defect.Contents: General information Diagnostics Correction of sunken cheeks Plastic surgery methods for correction of sunken cheeks
Statistically, 30% of the world's population faces the problem of sunken cheeks.It is diagnosed when subcutaneous soft tissues, as a result of insufficient volume, sag, tumble into the mouth, thereby making the face disproportionate, and the form painful, tired.
The main reason for the appearance of a defect is the age-related changes in .Over time, blood circulation in the skin deteriorates, as, indeed, and protein synthesis, as a result of which it loses its elasticity and elasticity.
- anatomical features of the structure of the facial skeleton;
- loss of teeth;
- omission of soft tissues;
- atrophy in the subcutaneous layers, muscle contraction in volumes;
- sudden weight loss due to diets, stress, chronic diseases - tuberculosis, ulcers, kidney failure;
- depletion of the body, insomnia.
Please note! Sunken cheeks do not affect human life.At best, they give out his age, at worst - they get old.Meanwhile, with the appearance of the first signs of a defect, which are revealed in the loss of skin elasticity, experts advise to come to their reception.The condition can indicate the development of diabetes, bladder, thyroid, oncology.
Despite visible signs of a defect, it is not always possible to diagnose it prematurely due to anatomical reasons.However, in the presence of complaints, the therapist is appointed to consult a dermatologist.
In addition, the patient is advised to take:
- a clinical blood test;
- general analysis of urine;
- blood test for sugar.
Based on the results obtained, conclusions are drawn about the need for further research on .If concomitant diseases are not detected, the patient is recommended to consult a cosmetician or plastic surgeon.
Correction of sunken cheeks
You can get rid of a defect daily by performing a set of exercises to tighten the skin and restore the contour of the face.It includes:
- Rounding.To perform this exercise, you need to smile, while rounding your lips, both for the pronunciation of the "o" sound.It is extremely important at the same time to strain the area of the lips, and the area of the cheeks.To achieve visible results, you need to train daily.The main thing is to pronounce the "o" sound for a minute, then take a break for 20 seconds and repeat everything again.The optimal number of repetitions is 5 times.A simplified version of the exercise is to do it for a few seconds, then take a break for 2 to 5 seconds and repeat it again.
- Wide smile.To perform, you need a big smile, keeping in mind that the muscles of the face were as tight as possible, and stay in this position for 5 seconds.After that, it's important to take a break for 2 - 3 seconds, and then again draw a wide smile.The optimal number of repetitions is 15 times.To achieve a visible effect, you need to train daily in the morning and in the evening.
- Pronunciation of sound "a".It is important to do this slowly, for 5 seconds, while closing your mouth.After a break for 2 seconds and the exercise repeats.Do it at least 15 times.
- The pronunciation of the sound "and".Stretch the sound for 7 seconds, while straining the muscles of the cheeks.It is important to make 10 - 15 approaches with a break in 2 - 3 seconds.
- Head tilting back, turning left and right.Exercises have a positive effect on the muscles of the neck.The main thing is to perform them daily for 20 times.
- Simulating a slow chewing.Repeat the exercise for 10 to 15 seconds.
To restore elasticity, the skin should be regularly massaged:
- make light pats on the cheeks with the back of the hand or curled towel, in the direction from the lips to the temples, for 3 minutes;
- pressing on the chin with your fingertips, towards the temples;
- moving fingers from the cheekbone under the ear lobe in the direction of the forehead.
The optimal number of approaches is 15 - 20 times.
Important! To enhance the effect, you can perform a whirlpool at home.To do this, it is sufficient to direct the jet of water to the cheeks.You need to start with a few seconds and water at room temperature, gradually, reducing the last and increasing the duration of the procedure.
Cosmetologists also recommend wiping the skin with infusions of herbs that stimulate blood circulation and increase its elasticity.Such qualities are possessed by chamomile, yarrow, sage .A common salt solution also has a positive effect, which is prepared by dissolving 1 tbsp.L.Salt in 1 tbsp.Water and is used to impregnate the towel when performing a massage.
Meanwhile, all these manipulations are really effective only at the initial stage or at the stage of prevention.If the problem is so obvious that it can not be hidden under makeup or hair, it makes sense to seek professional help.
Plastic surgery methods for correction of sunken cheeks
Returning the volume and shape of sunken cheeks allows:
- filing, or contour plastics;
- implantation of special inserts.
Please note! If the cause of cheek sagging was dental problems - lack of teeth, before the procedures are performed, they are necessarily solved by prosthetics.
In English the term means "filling with fatty tissue" and fully describes the technique.In this case, the doctor pushes this tissue from places with its excess deposition( abdomen, buttocks), and then transplants it into several areas in the cheek area.The procedure is performed through the use of microinjection.
The secret of its popularity is in efficiency.Own fat cells are not rejected by the body, they do not have an allergic reaction, especially since the doctor pre-treats them in a special way - they separate the blood elements.
Important! If successful, the result of lipofilling is retained for 5 to 20 years.This is explained by the fact that fatty tissue begins to feed on blood vessels, which eventually sprout in it.
Perform an operation under local anesthesia.It is characterized by an insignificant recovery period: swelling of the tissues persists for up to 4 - 7 days.Lipofilling allows you to return or simulate an ideal contour of the face, where tissues filled with fat cells become elastic, rounded.
There are general contraindications to the procedure:
- age under 18;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, including atherosclerosis;
- diabetes mellitus;
- disease of an infectious nature;
- bleeding disorders;
- pathology of internal organs.
Please note! The only drawback of the operation is the risk of resorption of transplanted adipose tissue.In this case, the doctor recommends its re-holding.
Fillet or contour plastic
This method also involves filling wrinkles and wrinkles in problem areas, meanwhile, it is performed with the help of special tools - filers.These are preparations of synthetic origin, made on the basis of hyaluronic acid, for example: Stilage, Perlayn, Yuviderm.
The advantages of the procedure are in speed of holding, since it takes about half an hour without affecting the habitual way of life.Its drawback is in the short-term effect of the .Depending on the type of drug the result is maintained for 6 to 12 months.
Implantation of special inserts
The procedure involves the use of an implant made of silicone, goretex, a classic form or an manufactured according to individual dimensions.Implantation is performed under local anesthesia and intravenous sedation - the administration of hypnotics.
In this case, a special pocket is prepared in the problem zone, into which the implants are placed, which are then fixed with an adhesive plaster.After 4 to 6 weeks around the implant, a connective tissue is formed, which from that moment keeps it in place.
The duration of the procedure does not exceed 60 minutes for both cheeks.Scars after it are almost invisible, meanwhile, because of the proximity of the nerve endings responsible for the sensitivity of the upper lip, the first few months the patient feels numbness.Puffiness subsides after a few weeks.
Important! It is worth noting that the side effect of each of the methods of plastic surgery is not only puffiness.The patient may have a fever, an inflammatory process.At first they will bring discomfort, prevent food intake, but after a few weeks they will completely pass.
You can postpone surgical intervention by following the simple recommendations of specialists.They boil down to:
- leading a healthy lifestyle;
- refusal from smoking, alcohol, drugs;
- full sleep - at least 7 - 8 hours;
- frequent walks in the open air;
- diet planning;
- refusal from rigid diets;
- regular scheduled visits to specialists.
Sunken cheeks are a common problem that concerns both women and men.The methods of plastic surgery allow you to get rid of it for a period of several months to several years.Meanwhile, the easiest way to prevent a defect is by performing a set of simple exercises, and also regularly caring for yourself.
Chumachenko Olga, medical reviewer