Viagra: brief instructions for use, analogs, side effects
Jul 03, 2018
The drug "Viagra" is used to correct erectile dysfunction in men.
Important! Chubby occurs only during sexual arousal of a man, and not immediately after taking a pill.The drug strengthens the erection by improving the circulation in the penis.
Diagnosis of erectile dysfunction includes a complete medical history and examination to determine possible causes and choose effective treatment.Only after that can be appointed "Viagra" to correct erectile dysfunction, if it is not a consequence of serious pathology.Table of contents: Form and composition of Viagra Pharmacological action Brief instruction on the use of Viagra Analogues of Viagra Contra-indications and side effects of Viagra
Form and composition of Viagra
The active component of the drug is sildenafil.This chemical compound prevents the capture and utilization of nitric oxide by suppressing the activity of the phosphodiesterase-5 enzyme.
In addition to the main component, each tablet contains: microcrystalline cellulose;
- magnesium stearate;
- Croscarmellose sodium;
- titanium dioxide;
- calcium hydrophosphate;
- magnesium stearate;
The drug is released in the form of tablets of bluish color with a slightly elongated shape and rounded edges.The blister contains from 1 to 4 tablets.In each 25, 50 or 100 mg of the active substance.It is released without a prescription.
Sildenafil is involved in the process of nitric oxide metabolism, which has a vasodilating effect.
Influencing the smooth muscle tissue of the cavernous body, the drug contributes to its relaxation.As a result, through the blood vessels that provide blood for the male genital organs, more blood arrives, which contributes to the erection.
The duration of erection varies from half an hour to several hours, depending on the dosage.
Brief instruction on the use of Viagra
Apply the drug in the following disorders:
- The inability to complete sexual intercourse due to erectile dysfunction.
- Other types of erectile dysfunction.
Take the pill an hour before sexual intercourse.Begin the admission with 50 mg.With insufficient effect, or lack thereof, dosage is increased to 100 mg per reception.
Dosage should be reduced to 25 mg with poor intolerance of the drug.In doing so, simultaneously monitor the operation of the cardiovascular system.
The maximum dose should not exceed 100 mg per day.
Important! Viagra is not a drug and does not cure a disease like erectile dysfunction.The drug temporarily removes its symptoms, causing exclusively physiological arousal.
The effect is achieved only during sexual stimulation, that is, an erection does not arise spontaneously.
Analogues of "Viagra"
Today on the market besides "Viagra" there are many analogues that have identical properties and similar composition. These include:
In addition, pharmacies can also buy generic Viagra, that is, drugs that contain sildenafil.In the composition there may be some discrepancy of the auxiliary components, but the active substance remains unchanged.
The analogue manufacturer, using the completely identical formula of the original active substance, may not conduct laboratory and clinical trials of the resulting preparations.
Contraindications and side effects of Viagra
Unfortunately, Viagra in the body does not always affect only the reproductive system.Side effects of the drug cause contraindications to its purpose.
The use of Viagra is contraindicated:
- For men under 18 years.
- With concurrent use of nitrates.If a man takes any medication of this group according to the indications, then the administration of the drug is impossible.
- Joint reception of the original and generics.This can lead to an overdose.
There are a number of diseases in which taking Viagra is possible, but it should only be done under the strict supervision of a specialist. The agent is administered with caution in the presence of such pathologies:
- genetically determined retinitis pigmentosa;
- is not used to treat sexual disorders in pregnant women and during lactation;
- anatomical features of the structure of the penis;
- severe hepatic dysfunction;
- in the period of exacerbation or unstable remission of ulcers of the duodenum and stomach;
- leukemia, myeloma, thrombocytopenia;
- diseases accompanied by bleeding;
- acute coronary pathology in the anamnesis.
To prescribe the drug or not, the physician should determine, basing on the analysis of the general state of the health of the man, taking into account the parallel medical therapy, as well as the existing diseases.
All side effects can be conditionally divided into several groups.They are divided according to the frequency of occurrence, detected during clinical trials:
- hyperemia( reddening) of the face caused by the flow of blood;
- tachycardia( increased heart rate);
- rashes on the skin;
- visual impairment.The drug can provoke: the phenomenon of achromatopsia, hypersensitivity to light and blurred vision;
- nasal congestion;
- sleep disturbance;
- phenomena of indigestion.
- redness( injection) sclera;
- from the cardiovascular system were observed: tachyarrhythmia, collapse( significant drop in blood pressure) and syncope;
- disorders of the prostate function;
- bleeding from the nose.
Side effects of using the remedy include a painful erection that lasts more than 4 hours.
Problems with potency have a negative impact on the psychological health of men.To eliminate impotence and strengthen the erection, you can safely use "Viagra", if the doctor did not find you have contraindications to the use of the drug.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, the doctor of the sexopathologist-andrologist of 1 category