Calculous Prostatitis: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Treatment
Diagnostics will distinguish calculous prostatitis from other organ diseases - prostate adenoma, bacterial prostatitis, prostate cancer, etc.
Treatment of chronic calculous prostatitis
Treatment is aimed at achieving remission of the disease and avoiding complications.
Important! Timely treatment initiated contributes to a speedy recovery and will allow to do without surgical intervention.
Treatment of chronic calculous prostatitis begins only after the establishment of the following factors:
- localization and size of stones;
- the age of the patient;
- presence of concomitant diseases, in particular inflammation of the genitourinary system or disturbances of its functioning.
Conservative treatment method
These include physiotherapy and medication.
Mandatory antibiotic therapy, in which the following drugs are prescribed:
- is the most effective treatment for prostatitis - fluoroquinolones.They are prescribed only in the absence of tuberculosis of the prostate.As a rule, they use Levofloxacin, Ofloxacin;
- penicillins.Effective in the treatment of pathology: Flemoklava solutab, Augmentin, Amoxiclav;
- rarely use tetracyclines, as they are poorly tolerated.Nevertheless, sometimes appoint Unidox solute.This drug has a minimum of side effects;
- intramuscularly injects drugs from the group of cephalosporins: Cefotaxime, Suprax, Claforan, etc.
In addition to antibiotics, the patient is prescribed drugs to normalize blood circulation and vitamins.
Physiotherapeutic procedures include: electrophoresis, magnetotherapy, ultrasound therapy.
Recently, the procedure for crushing stones using a low-intensity therapeutic laser is gaining popularity.The average procedure is 15 minutes.To destroy one stone, you need ten sessions.The procedure is absolutely painless, therefore the use of anesthesia is not required.To the skin, where the prostate is located, apply a sensor.The stones, under the action of the laser, break up into grains of sand and are removed naturally, without damaging the surrounding tissues.
Attention! Prostatic massage in the presence of pathology is strictly prohibited!
Surgery is performed if the pathology occurs with complications, or there is an adenoma of the prostate.The abscess is urgently opened with an abscess of the organ.
When stones are of impressive size, a crotch or suprapubic section is made to remove them.
If calculous prostatitis is complicated by prostatic adenoma, adenomectomy or TUR of the prostate is performed, prostatectomy.
Without qualified treatment, it is possible to develop an abscess, when a pus-filled cavity is formed in the prostate gland.
Disease can lead to infertility and erectile dysfunction.
In advanced cases against a background of calculous prostatitis, paraproctitis may develop - purulent inflammation of the cellulose around the rectum.
Often, calculous prostatitis is accompanied by psycho-sexual disorders.Prostate adenoma and sclerosis may also develop.
Pathological disorders can be irreversible.
Prophylaxis measures for calculous prostatitis
Simple rules that help minimize the risk of developing calculous prostatitis:
- Get rid of bad habits;
- visit the urologist every six months and undergo a survey;
- avoid overcooling;
- timely treat infectious diseases;
- When using sexual intercourse, use contraceptives to prevent infection.
Self-medication can lead to serious consequences of .When the first symptoms appear, you should immediately contact a specialist to diagnose and prescribe effective therapy.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, doctor of sexopathologist-andrologist of the 1st category