Types of depression, methods of control and prevention
From time to time, every person feels sad or sad, caused by external factors.Such feelings are short-lived and easily explainable, and the state when sadness covers unreasonably and quickly passes can be called - spleen.At the same time, a person's state, when a feeling of despair, depression and depression is accompanied by a general decline in strength and apathy, and has a long-term dynamics, is characterized as a mental disorder and is subject to therapy.The name of this disease is depression, which has different types, symptoms and ways of treatment.
- What is depression?
- Types of depression
- Prevention of depression
- How to get rid of a depressed state?
What is depression?
Depression can be characterized as a temporary, prolonged mental disorder that is accompanied by a three-phase complex of symptoms:
- depressed mood - anhedonia
- inability to think in a positive way - thinking disorder
- decreased physical activity
All the problematic of this disease is,That the majority of people live in a state that has already become a norm for them and does not even know about their disease.
In the absence of physical pain and physiological manifestations - lack of sleep, weight loss, fatigue, people who are depressed people may not show their emotional experiences, or try to cope on their own, not considering themselves sick or ashamed of their condition.
Nevertheless, the prevalence of depression today is massive.According to statistics, 10% of people on the whole planet are subject to a depressive state and this is only official data, in fact, twice as many people simply do not seek help from a specialist, and their cases are not fixed.
depression, depending on the cause, which caused a disorder of depression psyche can be divided into three groups:
root causes somatogenetic depression is anySevere or chronic somatic disease, for example, thyroid disease, craniocerebral trauma, brain tumors, encephalitis, as well as stroke or alkog transferOrdering intoxication.
With exacerbation of the symptoms of the disease, somatogenic depression manifests itself with renewed vigor and slightly recedes when the patient's condition improves.
Endogenous depression manifests itself as complete apathy, unwillingness to live, work, to strive for anything.In this case, the person is losing motivation.
Often oppressed and depressed state can be replaced by an influx of enthusiasm and develop into bipolar depression, which is characterized by such mood jumps.There are versions that such types of depression are genetically determined and are inherited.
Genetic predisposition to endogenous depression may not appear at a young age, but if certain factors, such as personal unsuccessfulness, average career results, dissatisfaction with social status, can lead to an exacerbation of symptoms.
The reason for this condition can be the inability of the body to produce the right amount of serotonin hormones, which are responsible for the pleasure and mood of a person.Coincidence of external and internal factors provoke exacerbation of the disease.
Psychogenic depression occurs as a reaction to a negative event in life.To date, the most common types of depression are psychogenic.This increased predisposition is easily explained by the increased rate of life, constant stresses due to inflated demands and vital values.
In addition, reaction to a dramatic event or loss of a loved one can be reactive depression, which is characterized by loss of motivation for life, apathy, tearfulness and manifests itself in suicidal tendencies.
Psychogenic depression can be conditionally divided into neurotic - mildly expressed disorders, provoked by personal experiences, and psychotic - acute depression, accompanied by psychosis, hallucinations, obsessive fears.
In fact, there are many more types of depression.We listed the most common species.
The main symptoms of depression can be called feelings of depression, dissatisfaction with life, apathy, feelings of guilt and despair.
The physical symptoms of this disease can be manifested in absent-mindedness, loss of energy, decreased appetite and libido, drowsiness, or, on the contrary, insomnia, autonomic disorders, arrhythmias, constipation, memory loss and performance.
However, each type of this disease is characterized by a group of symptoms, in the aggregate of which it is possible to put a primary diagnosis.
Dependence of symptoms on the type of depression:
- In agitated depression, a person is in an overexcited state, and negative emotions are not manifested in a depressed mood, but are poured by a flurry of hysterics.
- Adynamic depression is accompanied by a lack of vitality, decadent mood, drowsiness, lack of will.
- Dysphoric is manifested in a grouchy mood, social phobia, irritability and causeless outbursts of anger.
- Postpartum depression is accompanied by a low self-esteem, tearfulness, a sense of suspiciousness, self-pity.
Against the background of constant nervous overstrain and fatigue, a feeling of fear and phobia develops.In particularly neglected cases, there are psychoses and outbreaks of aggression.
Prevention of depression
No one is insured against depression, and everyone can get sick regardless of age, sex, social status and social status.In order to protect themselves and loved ones from mental disorders, it is necessary to lead a correct way of life, to think positively and to observe, at least in part, the following prescriptions.
- Day regimen.When drawing up plans for the next day and the correct distribution of the load, the chances of getting into a stressful situation are significantly reduced.A person who has a schedule for the day, knows what to aim for and clearly sets goals and objectives, respectively, planning them according to their abilities.This increases motivation for action, reduces the risk of fatigue and failure.
- Healthy sleep.During the deep phase of sleep, the hormones responsible for pleasure are excreted into the body.The person who gets enough sleep is less irritable and stress-resistant.
- Sports.During sports, self-esteem rises, hormones of adrenaline are released, vitality increases.Small sports achievements are encouraged and adjusted to positive.
- Proper nutrition.With monotonous nutrition, there is a shortage of elements, which leads to the development of diseases and depression, including.So, the lack of magnesium provokes neurosis and a decrease in libido in women, and the lack of iodine leads to an increase in the thyroid gland and can provoke somatogenic depression.Improper nutrition leads to obesity and underestimation of self-esteem, which is also a favorable ground for neurological manifestations.
- Healthy lifestyle.Bad habits, the use of alcohol and drugs lead to irreversible changes in the cerebral cortex and lead to alcoholic depression.
- Communication.Positive emotions that a person gets when communicating with people close to him and pleasant to him can not be compared to any pleasure.To avoid conflict situations, avoid as much as possible or minimize communication with people who are unpleasant, and cause bad emotions.
As you can see, you probably already heard all these rules, and they are far from new.
How to get rid of a depressed state?
At the least manifestations of melancholy, it is necessary to try to change to a positive mood.Own failures and disappointments with prolonged self-flagellation can develop into a mental disorder in which humiliation and a feeling of restraint will bring pleasure, which in itself is dangerous.
In case the bad mood is long-lasting and accompanied by other symptoms of depression, it is better to consult a specialist and go to a psychotherapist who correctly diagnoses and prescribes psychotherapy sessions.
There are cases when medical treatment is used, but this is only in especially serious cases of psychotic depression.
For the elimination of mild forms of depression, it is necessary to rebuild thinking, try to be among people and less to be alone, where bad thoughts inevitably visit.
Walking in the fresh air, new acquaintances, changing the environment and the kind of activity can shake a person who is in despondency and apathy and make him look at the world in a new way, see him in more vivid colors.
In addition, it is useful to smile more often, even if it has no reason, no special desire.As research has shown, the body has muscle memory.
When we are unwell, we turn into the embryo pose in search of security, and when a person smiles, a signal is sent to the brain and he begins to produce endorphins and seratonin, as with positive emotions.Even if you are in a bad mood to force yourself to smile for a minute - the mood will improve.
On how you can overcome depression, you will learn from the program Live Healthily.
It is important to have achievable goals in life, to appreciate every minute of the day, rather than plunge into reasoning about the future or picking one's way past mistakes.You need to be happy here and now, and not seek out joys in the small.