Cilantro: benefit and harm
Kinza refers to annual plants, the leaves / stems( directly coriander) are used for food, and the seeds of this plant( coriander).By the way, coriander is the first plant that has been actively used in cooking.And only 200 years ago, scientists and doctors informed the world about the miraculous properties of the healing nature.It is interesting that many refuse to eat coriander because of the unpleasant smell of "bedbugs", but it is inherent only in young plants, and as they grow this specific aroma disappears, "dissolves" in essential oils.
Chemical composition and nutritional value of cilantro
Nutritional information 100 g:
- Caloric value: 23 kcal
- Proteins: 2,13 g
- Fats: 0,52 g
- Carbohydrates: 0,87 gr
View full list »
- Dietary fiber: 2,8 g
- Ash: 1,47 g
- Water: 92.21 g
- Mono and disaccharides: 0,87 g
- Saturated fatty acids: 0,014 gr
- Beta-carotene: 3.93 mg
- Vitamin A( RE): 337 μg
- Vitamin B1( tAmine): 0.067 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin): 0.162 mg
- Vitamin B3( pantothenic): 0.57 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine): 0.149 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic): 62 μg
- VitaminC: 27 mg
- Vitamin E( TE): 2.5 mg
- Vitamin K( phylloquinone): 310 μg
- Vitamin PP( Niacin equivalent): 1,114 mg
- Choline: 12.8 mg
- Calcium: 67 mg
- Magnesium: 26 mg
- Sodium: 46 mg
- Potassium: 521 mg
- Phosphorus: 48 mg
- Iron: 1.77 mg
- Zinc: 0.5 mg
- Copper: 225 μg
- Manganese: 0.426 mg
- Selenium: 0.9 μg
The benefits of cilantro is its richChemical composition, because it can detect and vitamins, and trace elements, and salts, and even acids.Of vitamins, C, B and PP can be noted.But useful micro / macronutrients include pectin and rutin, ascorbic and folic acid, alkaloids and essential oils, sodium and iron, copper and phosphorus, potassium and calcium.The herb is unique also because it contains citronellol, a substance that has an excellent antiseptic effect.
Useful properties of cilantro
According to the research, the described spicy greens have a beneficial effect on the work of the cardiovascular system, improves metabolic processes in the body, normalizes the digestive system, improves appetite, positively affects the work of the organs of vision.
If we consider coriander exclusively from a medical point of view, it is worth noting its wound-healing, hemostatic and soothing properties.It is able to prolong the youthfulness of the skin thanks to the fatty acids contained in the coriander - stearic, linoleic and palmetinic.A large amount of vitamin C will help restore immunity after prolonged treatment of any pathology or strengthen it in the period of seasonal colds.
It has cilantro and decongestion / diuretic properties - it is enough to eat a small bunch of this greens( from 4-5 twigs) per day and the kidneys will work perfectly, completely cleansing the body of toxins.
Some healing properties of cilantro should be singled out separately, it is:
- Strengthens the gums and prevents the development of inflammatory / infectious diseases of the mouth - for example, periodontitis, gingivitis, stomatitis.
- Improves the digestive system - in particular, it positively affects intestinal motility and facilitates the process of digesting "heavy" products.
- Significantly improves vision with degenerative lens changes and retinal lesions.
- Significantly reduces blood sugar levels - according to the doctors, regular eating of leaves and stems of cilantro can reduce the amount of insulin injected.
- Influences the work of the heart and circulatory system - for example, it serves as a means for normalizing blood pressure in hypertension.
- Improves the functioning of the kidneys, helps to cope with the body's intoxication - when eating food poisoning enough to eat a bunch of fresh coriander( 4-5 stems with leaves) and after a couple of hours will come relief.
- Calms the nervous system, relieves a depressed state.
- Works as an analgesic.
Harm of cilantro - to whom it is contraindicated
It can not be said for sure that there is harm from eating / applying coriander or its seeds( coriander).The only case when it can really be injurious to health is the simultaneous use of a large amount of the described plant and vitamin C. The fact is that this can lead to the development of severe allergic reactions, right up to the Quincke's edema.
Kinza is strongly contraindicated in the following health problems :
- Gastritis with high acidity;
- ischemic heart disease;
- in the recent past, myocardial infarction;
Recommendations for use
Cilantro can and should be consumed fresh - it will maximize its useful properties.Her seeds( coriander) are most often used for cooking meat and fish - they add spicy taste to dishes and stimulate appetite.
If you want to use the described plant as a wound-healing agent, you need to chop the leaves and stalks of cilantro, apply the resulting gruel to the wound surface, fix it with a band-aid or full bandage.To change such lotions it is necessary every 2 hours and already in a day the first result will be swept up - the wound becomes pure.
To prepare a powerful expectorant, mix 4 tablespoons of finely chopped fresh cilantro and 2 tablespoons of honey.Use the product should be 2 times a day for 1 teaspoon, without washing down with water.
Kinza - very spicy greens, with a peculiar taste.But if there is a desire to strengthen health, prevent colds and cleanse the body of toxins, then it should often be present in the diet.